Current RROD repair wait time

pilgrimchris

Established Member
Reaction score
My 360 just RROD'ed (3 rings) and I'm waiting for UPS to come and pick it up for repair. I know MS say 2-3 weeks for repair and return but I wondered if anyone here has sent one in recently and how long they are taking at the moment? I'm hoping that with the newer 360's not suffering from so many problems that it might be reasonably quick to come back to me (but thats probably just wishful thinking - god knows how I'm going to cope without any fifa or modern warfare for the next 2-3 weeks :suicide:

Have a read of my thread a bit further down titled 'Will MS still fix...'

A few of us documented our repair times in there and a mostly it's 8 days but some poor souls are having to wait 2 weeks. It seems to be luck of the draw.

MINE CAME BACK WITH NOISY FANS

(yes, meant to shout, its the only way to hear myself over the flippin fan noise :D. So I guess as part of their 'cooling issue' refurb is to ramp up the fans.)

Yeah mine seems a bit noisier too, I reckon the mobo is different as the network is much more stable when playing COD MW2 now. They've probably tweaked the bios.

I waited about 8 days with E74 last month.

I think they just have a pile of refurbs ready to send out once they check that yours is still in warranty and not been opened etc.

Not bad and you get a month free live for the inconvenience

thanks, eight days sounds alot better than 2-3 weeks - fingers crossed :thumbsup:

I've read somewhere that they use the manufacture date rather than the purchase date to decide the warranty qualification - this can't be right can it? I noticed my current console was marked on the ms website as out of the standard warranty even though its still under 2 years since I purchased it (only a month)

they go by manufacture date. If you are within the 3 years it will still say 'out of warranty' in the red box on their website, but just under it it says 'extended to 3 years for RROD and E74 errors' so when you proceed with the warranty claim its still accepted (as long as its under 3 yrs from manufacture date)

I've read somewhere that they use the manufacture date rather than the purchase date to decide the warranty qualification - this can't be right can it? I noticed my current console was marked on the ms website as out of the standard warranty even though its still under 2 years since I purchased it (only a month)

I almost had to shell out £80 to have the RROD repaired on my 360 despite only having bought it in May 2007, as when I logged onto the XBOX support page to request a new repair I was surprised to discover that it was manufactured in October 2006!

Fortunately I had kept my receipt from Amazon in the box so after emailing MS a scan of it my warranty was extended to May and I've been able to get the RROD repaired for free :smashin:

kscottsafc said:
I waited about 8 days with E74 last month.

I think they just have a pile of refurbs ready to send out once they check that yours is still in warranty and not been opened etc.

Not bad and you get a month free live for the inconvenience

I actually got my own box back with a new mobo fitted, which I was rather glad about as it is in mint condition and I had read horror stories about people getting tatty refurbs sent out to them.

I actually got my own box back with a new mobo fitted, which I was rather glad about as it is in mint condition and I had read horror stories about people getting tatty refurbs sent out to them.
Yeah mate, last summer i had two bad refurbs sent to me in a row. I was well angry and eventually got it sorted

I guess Im the poor soul that had to wait 2 weeks ay SteveU30? It did take a bit longer for mine to come back, it was with UPS it seemed tho longer, once its at the factory Microsofts turn around is only about a day or 2, check out that other thread for more details.

Mine came back with a new mobo, looks mint (almost new), even replaced a broken faceplate I had on it and threw in a 1 month of Gold card in too :thumbsup:

Overall I'm pleased with MS for the service on it, UPS still need to win me over.

My 360 was returned to me this morning 7 days after I sent it off for RROD, well not strictly speaking my console but a replacement which appears to be running noticeably quieter than my old one :)

thanks for all the info guys. Looks like UPS should be delivering it back to me tomorrow (thurs) so good news. 8 days much better than the 2-3 weeks stated

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom