1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current PS2 prices - best deal?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Mr_Belowski, Jun 11, 2003.

1. Mr_Belowski

Mr_Belowski

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +281
    Hi peeps,

A mate of mine is planning to pick up a PS2 before the weekend, and I was wondering what the going rate for them is these days?

He'll want the console and probably GT3 & Vice City, and maybe a footie game. I was just wondering how much that lot should come to, and if there are any PS2 price cuts in the pipeline.

Thanks in advance,

Mr B

2. rahulkohli

rahulkohli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i went to Game the other day and got a ps2, 2 dual shock control pads, an arcade stick, a dvd remote control, an 8mb memory stick, mortal kombat deadly alliance, mgs2 - sons of liberty, the getaway and capcom vs. snk all for £225. i was very very pleased with all that for the money. go into the shop and ask for special deals, coz they will normally give you them. if u buy online it will be more expensive though.

3. oreoboy13

oreoboy13

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Nope the deal i was going to post has changed.

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,217
    I have seen S/H PS2's for £100 around so with a couple of games £140 ish. If he wants games etc better off trying for a deal on the high street.

5. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,174
    Why would anyone want to buy a PS2 when an x-box can be had for £40 less? I really can't understand it. What is better about the PS2 that makes it worth paying that premium for (certainly not graphics or on-line gaming for a start). Sorry if it sounds like I'm prejudiced but I can't understand what is so appealing about the PS2!

Cheers
    Andy

6. rahulkohli

rahulkohli

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    more people have got them.
    it has more games.

7. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I find using a ps2 with messiah works for me so I can leave the xbox alone for online gameing

8. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can't see the reason for the PS2 price premium either and I certainly don't think that more people having one is a reason to buy anything.

However, my missus like Tomb Raider so I'm in the market for a PS2. My Xbox has more of the sort of games that I like to play but she doesn't. So, basically it's down to the games you like and which console they are on. It's just a shame the PS2 isn't more realistically priced but I guess I'll source a good deal on a secon-hand one.

Basically, they are both good machines but the Xbox is for men and the overpiced PS2 is for girls.:laugh: