Current Panasonic VIERA DX902 TX-65DX902B & TX-58DX902B Issues

Note Bluetooth is only for the the 3D glasses, it doesn't audio stream to headphones.
Not true bud, I've used it for a keyboard and it links with Bluetooth remotes as well. I cannot comment on headphones though, but as it's not a listed feature for Bluetooth audio out i'd assume you're correct.

Ah cool, I forgot about those accessories. I should add this to the FAQ so I don't forget too :)

People have definitely confirmed that headphones don't work though.

ok eddy that answers my questions...got some blutooth headphones i was going to attempt to use with my tv for late night viewing...bought a 3 metre headphone cable as back up!

Last edited:
I have had the 58dx902b for 18 months now and this morning whilst watching it the screen went black, then after a few seconds the power lights went off. I have been unable to get the tv back on. I haven't changed the fuse yet because when i plug the tv in I hear a click in the back which must indicate that there is power going to it (?). Not sure if i am wrong there. I have cleared excess dust out and also tried the standby on and off button to the right but still nothing.

Anyone else had this issue or can diagnose? Thanks
Sounds like a main power board failure, same happened on my old Panasonic plasma TV a few years back. I purchased a secondhand replacement from EBay and the TV is still going strong to this day.

I have had the 58dx902b for 18 months now and this morning whilst watching it the screen went black, then after a few seconds the power lights went off. I have been unable to get the tv back on. I haven't changed the fuse yet because when i plug the tv in I hear a click in the back which must indicate that there is power going to it (?). Not sure if i am wrong there. I have cleared excess dust out and also tried the standby on and off button to the right but still nothing.

I'm not with the tv now but I am pretty sure if it looses power it may need switching back on with the power button physically on the TV first? Try using that button rather than than the remote if you didn't already.

Then of course, the fuse.

Bluetooth audio is useless on TVs anyway as they all will have over 100ms delay. My DX902 bluetooth never worked with my wireless keyboards but it depends on the keyboard I think.

EDIT* just thought I'd add that most Panasonic TVs have a master power switch direct on the TV. It needs to be turned to the ON position even before the remote does anything at all.

If the TV has a red standby light, you know it has power going to it and the remote is ready to be used. If it doesn't, there's a problem.

Last edited:

Have you been able to get this resolved? I have stumbled into the same issue today after only having it for 2 years, and John Lewis who was suppose to have my reciept online does not have it. I have 3 years left on my warrenty through them on it but I am stuck. Really upset as its a great TV but that came from out of no where.

Have you been able to get this resolved? I have stumbled into the same issue today after only having it for 2 years, and John Lewis who was suppose to have my reciept online does not have it. I have 3 years left on my warrenty through them on it but I am stuck. Really upset as its a great TV but that came from out of no where.
Have you not got a physical copy of your purchase receipt ?
Or an email receipt from them when you purchased the TV ?

Have you not got a physical copy of your purchase receipt ?
Or an email receipt from them when you purchased the TV ?
Sadly no, I have been tearing up my house looking for it. Its somewhere as I wouldn't have thrown it away. Just need to find it or I'll be buying a new power board and trying to fix it myself.

Note Bluetooth is only for the the 3D glasses, it doesn't audio stream to headphones.
The glasses are Bluetooth? I'm sure I started seeing the white flash every couple of seconds, I assumed that's his they stayed in sync with the screen. No?

I wonder if its continuously broadcasting to the TV while wearing them. I wore BT headphones 4 hours per night for a year and starting having disorientation issues. Hasn't happened since I sold them.

Hi everyone,

First time posting here but reading up on threads related to this TV for a while now. I was just wondering if there was any work around for the sound delay when using DD 5.1 from a device and then out to the sound system? The issue that I am facing is that I have got a PS4 slim recently and want to get a HDR image out of it, which looks quite nice on this set. We have an AVR (Sony STRDN-860) which while supporting 4K does not support HDR passthrough. At this stage I am stuck with either HDR or surround sound..... I have tried a HDMI splitter however when I use that with HDR the colours seem very washed out and defeats the purpose of HDR. The Ps4 slim sadly does not have an optical out and with the PS5 so close to release I don't want to spend money on a PS4 Pro at the moment which does have an optical out. Are there any cheap solutions to my problem to get both HDR and surround sound with this setup that works properly? I know the long term solution would be to upgrade the AVR which would solve everything but I'm not read to fork out $1300 aud for something like a STRDN-1080 just yet.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

First time posting here but reading up on threads related to this TV for a while now. I was just wondering if there was any work around for the sound delay when using DD 5.1 from a device and then out to the sound system? The issue that I am facing is that I have got a PS4 slim recently and want to get a HDR image out of it, which looks quite nice on this set. We have an AVR (Sony STRDN-860) which while supporting 4K does not support HDR passthrough. At this stage I am stuck with either HDR or surround sound..... I have tried a HDMI splitter however when I use that with HDR the colours seem very washed out and defeats the purpose of HDR. The Ps4 slim sadly does not have an optical out and with the PS5 so close to release I don't want to spend money on a PS4 Pro at the moment which does have an optical out. Are there any cheap solutions to my problem to get both HDR and surround sound with this setup that works properly? I know the long term solution would be to upgrade the AVR which would solve everything but I'm not read to fork out $1300 aud for something like a STRDN-1080 just yet.

Thanks!
Not really. Probably cheapest you can do is a second hand AVR that supports HDR10 passthrough. Receivers released over the past few years support that. Shouldn't need to spend anywhere near that kind of money. Even if buying new.

It can also bring you up to date with new audio formats such as atmos. Although you'd need to probably add some more speakers for that in the future.

Really noticing smearing / halo / trailing on my 65DX902 on HDR content.

Wheres the best place on here to look into this and get it sorted or at least reduced?

Wheres the best place on here to look into this and get it sorted or at least reduced?
Smearing/Trailing is not a fault. It's the trait of the slow Innolux VA type panel the TV uses. Present on all other TVs using the same panel and even worse with the 60hz ones. Haloing - well it really depends how bad it is. If you think its gotten worse then you may be able to file a warranty claim but if its just that you are noticing more than you used to then its likely just because you are noticing the weakness of the TV. No FALD TV is ever going to be perfect in this respect, even newer models like the Samsung Q90R.

Haloing can be reduced by disabling local dimming or toning it down a little, but the result of this is worse overall picture quality and raised black levels.

I’ve only really started watching hdr content.

Netflix seems much worse than other sources

Try asking on the dedicated DX902 thread mate located here,

Try asking on the dedicated DX902 thread mate located here,

Cheers.

Really noticing smearing / halo / trailing on my 65DX902 on HDR content.

Any particular program on netflix, I've never noticed smearing on either of my dx902 tv's, see the odd bit of halo-ing sometimes, but 99 percent of the time it produces a stunning image, i actually prefer the dx902 to my panny oled

Netflix is dissaster for all of us because they reduced quality of streams...my 4k is runing more like 720p.
It has nothing to do with pq quality of your tv.

Netflix is dissaster for all of us because they reduced quality of streams...my 4k is runing more like 720p.
It has nothing to do with pq quality of your tv.

Interesting - I can still see it on 4k BD / Plex etc but nowhere near as bad. Hadn't considered that tbh

It does also depend on how good and what speed your internet is if your watching Netflix wirelessly.
I have a wired connection to my DX902 and the quality of Netflix is great even if Netflix have dropped there speed.
I don't get any picture quality issues at all.

Are you hard wired to the internet ?

Then this is your issue. It's not a fault with the TV per se, but will be because you are watching HDR.

HDR puts the backlight of the TV on full, and this TV can get pretty damn bright. You'd be surprised at how much better this TV is with HDR and reducing that haloing compared to most. You could try lowering local dimming, or even trying with stronger dimming to see which you prefer. I can't run with mid/max dimming on some content because I notice the zones too much behind the TV, but it really depends on the content.

There's also the point people make about Netflix above, it's not going to look great right now given they have reduced bandwidth, nor will it look great if you don't have good internet speed delivered to the TV.
Unfortunately the speed you get inside your home isn't always the speed your ISP will say it is (especially right now with everyone online at once) and even if it is, the speed that enters the house may be very different from the speed that reaches the TV.

I imagine HDR will look pretty damn poor with a HD or lower quality stream than UHD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom