Current firmware for Panasonic Z1??

stanleyntl

Established Member
Reaction score
I am at f/w 2.407, and unfortunately like a lot of other current models it has floating blacks! :eek:

It likes to raise and lower the contrast dynamically : as if the light sensor is adjusting output, and it sticks out like a sore thumb on some broadcasts.

When will Panasonic get the message? this is not what the broadcaster or director intended!:mad:

Any Z1 owner have a newer firmware than me? Have they noticed floating blacks/contrast rises?

Connect your Z1 to your broadband router and check which software version you can get via Viera Cast.

Current is 2.503.

Does anyone know the remote sequence to enter the service menu for the Z1? The VT20 sequence doesn't work.

I see now its software update via network setup. Only awkward thing is my phone connection is nowhere near my tv :( not very easy to plug in router for connecting to tuner box.

What's the max cable run for ethernet ? I could run a cable from upstairs to downstairs :laugh:

Does 2.503 address floating blacks though Blackadder?
Pointless me updating if it don't.

Max for a ethernet cable is around 100 meter.If you are planing to use iplayer in the future homeplugs would be a alternative.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom