1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Current AV32R Ebay auction.

Discussion in 'TAG McLaren Audio Owners' Forum' started by maj74, Sep 28, 2005.

1. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    Currently on ebay:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/TAG-Mclaren-A...813069915QQcategoryZ72406QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

'It does not have its options enabled but i am in the audio industry and I am friends with IAG so would consider paying for your upgrades including HDCD and DTS Neo 6 worth a further £200.00 rrp. if we can get to or near my reserve price.

There have been a few processors floating around on ebay recently but i do not believe they have been to this same high specification.

Please note that this is the "full on" single processor version of the AV32R which alternatively could have a "Avant Garde" label on the fascia. This model is brand new from the last ever batch from IAG but has TAG's original "F3" logo printed on to it.'

Sounds pretty fishy to me, ESPECIALLY the last paragraph.
    Anyone heard of old faceplates on new equipment?
    Any thoughts on how reliable this might be?

2. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    I do not see what could be the problem with ebay auction where seller gives you SN of the unit and offers cash on collection too.
    You can inspect unit prior to payement so I see no problem in him having no feedback.

3. IanS

IanS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +69
    That last paragraph tells a similar story to the one from OnTheFly in this thread

4. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    OK, I've read the 'on the fly thread now.

This looks very much like one of those 'last units'.

I do remember some threads a few months ago where it really did look like someone was claiming old units were much newer ones. At that time it was considered a definate con, but maybe that was before IAG started clearing out the leftover components!

5. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    that was lot of dust around one old prototype used for test purposes, with headphone socket etc.
    in general, if someone offers cash on collection you can expect honest auction. all you need then is few strong friends to join you for a pickup :)

6. Kevinc

Kevinc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Agree with that. eBay also offers an excellent escrow mechanism over here in the US which may be worth paying for if in doubt or if pickup is not an option. However, I don't know whether anyone noticed the two DVD32R auctions in the US part of eBay in the past few days. One was from a 7 feedback seller registered in spain but the item was said to be in the US and when questioned said he didn't know anything about it. The listing was later removed by eBay apparently as fraudulent. The second was from a 91 feedback seller registered in Canada and claiming the item was in the US who had never sold anything before and claimed the item was unused. While more plausible, this item has also been removed, apparently by eBay. TAG kit does seem to be attracting a lot of fraudsters at the moment, and I suspect in both these cases genuine eBayers' user IDs had been hi-jacked. Shame, 'cos this is not getting me any closer to a "spare" DVD32R (I already have a DVD32FLR+PSM) for stereo!

7. Miron

Miron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +49
    TAG kit is attractive (same as Plasmas or Watches, for an example) for these ID hi-jackers simply because of its high prices.

Unfortunately there are too many people out there who fall on "password fishing" emails.