1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious bi/di-polar question

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by ric_hall, Dec 2, 2003.

1. ric_hall

ric_hall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a curious question, unrelated to any of my other current threads about bi/di-polar speakers and how they deal with obstructions .

Basically my bed is my viewing position for the av set-up present in that room(lucky me) . Assume the bed to be placed back from centre in the room .
    The surround speakers are placed on the side walls roughly three to four feet above my listening position(assume them to be vertically aligned with my ears) . The distance to the back wall of the room from the surrounds is just over three feet(possibly four) and ten to twelwe feet to the front of the room .
    I am positioned say just under three feet(horizontally) at any point from either of the side walls . The bed has a wooden headboard about one foot in height which my head obviously rests against .

Based on these dimensions, is there any point in investing in bi/di-polar speakers on the side walls(over the current radiating speakers) taking the headboard into account?