1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

curb your enthusiasm

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by squirrely, Oct 22, 2004.

1. squirrely

squirrely

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +78
    Did any one see this last night?
    The bit between larry and the rapper at the start was so funny i woke the missus up from laughing so hard

2. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I love this show it's fantastic, the stuff he gets himself in to:laugh:

3. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Sky+ recorded it - watching it tonight - genius.

For me this is the best thing on TV. The writing is so clever, all the storylines come back to bite him on the bum at the end.....my favourite bits are when things go right for Larry (e.g. when he injured Shaq, and no-one wanted anything to do with Larry anymore, so he didn't have to take part in all these things he detested doing!)

The weird thing is, when I first heard about this on BBC3/4 (can't remember) I watched it and just DID NOT GET IT! A few weeks later I tried again and really got into it...got the first 2 seasons on DVD, hope we don't have to wait too long for season 3 on DVD.

What the heck is it doing on at 11.40pm on E4? (home of Hollyoaks mega-omnibus all day long) US shows get treated like crap by British TV channels.

P.S. I am aware that my last statement was a rash opinion with no evidence to back it up. The opinions stated here are my own etc..... :D

4. Toasty

Toasty
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,167
    Oh yes, CYE is one of the only shows that makes me laugh so much it disturbs the rest of the house hold. It did take a couple of episodes to get into, but its now one of my favourite shows.

5. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    absolutely love CYE. All the acting is improvised according to Larry on the DVD

6. seany

seany
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
  7. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +279
    I bought the first season on reconmendation. I can't say that I got it. The whole thing seemed very rough. I didn't realise that although the plots and structure are scripted, most of the dialogue isn't. Apart from key lines, the rest is improvised. Have been recording the 3rd season from the beginning. It really is very funny, and somehow just manages to avoid being too crineworthy, (like the Office is imo), so that it's still watchable.