1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curb Your Enthusiasm

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Kazuya Mishima, Apr 2, 2004.

1. Kazuya Mishima

Kazuya Mishima

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +65
    Does anybody know what the aspect ratio will be for the forthcoming R2 release of this? The region 1 version is listed as, surprise surprise, 4:3. I've tried a few online retailers but no info is listed about this.

I am convinced that when I watched it on BBC3 it was in "widescreen".

I'll buy the R1 if they are both the same, cos it's available right now, but if the R2 is widescreen I will wait for that.

Thanks folks.

2. girliedrinker

girliedrinker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The R1 DVD is 4:3, as was the BBC4 broadcast. Also, in the US the image is graded to give it a more expensive look, which was removed on the UK broadcast. I actually prefer the way it looks on the BBC, as you get the impression that Larry David is being followed by a camcorder, not a pro-crew. Having said that, the R2 release may also feature the grading. It's a good DVD package though, roll on the next seasons!

3. cosmokramer2004

cosmokramer2004

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Season 2 on Amazon.com wont be released till June 15th :( .. reasonable price from there though.. US$27.99.

It's £16.80 apparently from DVDSoon on pre-order if the currency holds out!

It's the funniest thing on TV. The BBC did a really crappy job of promoting it here. It's sort of like Seinfeld and The Office rolled into one. V.V.Highly recommended.

Cheers,

CK - TheMovieGame