Curb Your Enthusiasm

Kazuya Mishima

Does anybody know what the aspect ratio will be for the forthcoming R2 release of this? The region 1 version is listed as, surprise surprise, 4:3. I've tried a few online retailers but no info is listed about this.

I am convinced that when I watched it on BBC3 it was in "widescreen".

I'll buy the R1 if they are both the same, cos it's available right now, but if the R2 is widescreen I will wait for that.

Thanks folks.

The R1 DVD is 4:3, as was the BBC4 broadcast. Also, in the US the image is graded to give it a more expensive look, which was removed on the UK broadcast. I actually prefer the way it looks on the BBC, as you get the impression that Larry David is being followed by a camcorder, not a pro-crew. Having said that, the R2 release may also feature the grading. It's a good DVD package though, roll on the next seasons!

C

cosmokramer2004

Season 2 on Amazon.com wont be released till June 15th :( .. reasonable price from there though.. US$27.99.

It's £16.80 apparently from DVDSoon on pre-order if the currency holds out!

It's the funniest thing on TV. The BBC did a really crappy job of promoting it here. It's sort of like Seinfeld and The Office rolled into one. V.V.Highly recommended.

Cheers,

CK - TheMovieGame

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: LG C1 Review, Apple Lossless & Dolby Atmos @ no cost, Sennheiser IE900 review + more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom