Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 10 (HBO/Sky Comedy)

Loving this series so far, yes some of the outcomes are predictable but I fudgeing love Larry David!

Great first 2 episodes especially the first if the rest of the season is this good we are in for a treat

I'm going to wait for the dvd release so I can blitz all 10 episodes in one sitting. Really, really hope it's as good as people are saying. It's one of my all time favourite series, however...I'd also argue it's perhaps the most overrated.

When Curb is good, its REALLY good. Now that I've seen every episode at LEAST half dozen times though, there's no escaping just how much filler material there is. Some episodes are flat out dull, whilst some of the best episodes still contain scenes that wildly miss the mark in my opinion (or simply get waaay too silly...handbag theft from the season 4 ending is a prime example. It's beyond childish in execution..same spies to The Christ Nail ending and not forgetting, in my opinion, the very worst episode of the entire series, the 'surreal' season 5 finale).

Anyway, enough waffle. Keeping fingers and toes crossed! The last season was still pretty damn good & the early word on this latest bodes well...

I'm going to wait for the dvd release so I can blitz all 10 episodes in one sitting. Really, really hope it's as good as people are saying. It's one of my all time favourite series, however...I'd also argue it's perhaps the most overrated.

When Curb is good, its REALLY good. Now that I've seen every episode at LEAST half dozen times though, there's no escaping just how much filler material there is. Some episodes are flat out dull, whilst some of the best episodes still contain scenes that wildly miss the mark in my opinion (or simply get waaay too silly...handbag theft from the season 4 ending is a prime example. It's beyond childish in execution..same spies to The Christ Nail ending and not forgetting, in my opinion, the very worst episode of the entire series, the 'surreal' season 5 finale).

Anyway, enough waffle. Keeping fingers and toes crossed! The last season was still pretty damn good & the early word on this latest bodes well...

Maybe that's what your doing wrong and binging in one sitting. I find US comedies work best with 1 or 2 episodes at a time otherwise you are going to get fatigue.

Cracking first episode that. I need me a MAGA hat. Jeff as Harvey as well, #metoo and the tattoo :laugh:

Leon as awesome as ever.

Bob Einstein who played Funkhouser sadly passed away last year. In ep. 3 it was mentioned Funkhouser was in China so I expect they will have him be a victim of coronavirus.

Really enjoying this season so far. Brilliant show!

Bob Einstein who played Funkhouser sadly passed away last year. In ep. 3 it was mentioned Funkhouser was in China so I expect they will have him be a victim of coronavirus.
Unlikely. The series would have wrapped up filming long before the Coronavirus was a thing last month.

Even if it was an option, it’d probably be in bad taste considering Coronavirus is an ongoing emergency.

Last edited:
Unlikely. The series would have wrapped up filming long before the Coronavirus was a thing last month.

Even if it was an option, it’d probably be in bad taste considering Coronavirus is an ongoing emergency.
Bad taste or controversy is not something Curb Your Enthusiasm has ever shied away from.

Bad taste or controversy is not something Curb Your Enthusiasm has ever shied away from.
Yeah but not while something is ongoing. eg might be something they’d do in a Season 11 but not during.
Eg they weren’t cracking jokes about 9/11 during season 2 were they?

What an absolute numpty. Taking the piss out of himself with a clip taking the piss out of him :laugh:

Episode 3 was great.

"Can a white transitioner get a black penis?"

:laugh:

Part of this show's appeal has always been it's willingness to never be afraid to flirt along the line of political correctness. In a similar way as Seinfeld did, but it's a very different time now. Much braver to do so in 2020.

Amazing season so far and longer episodes at around 38 to 45 mins rather than the old half hour eps. Though throwing an apple in an unlined waste paper bin seemed off for LD, seeing as he gets anal about ring stains (he "respects wood"), I'd expect him to follow waste etiquette.

Amazing season so far and longer episodes at around 38 to 45 mins rather than the old half hour eps. Though throwing an apple in an unlined waste paper bin seemed off for LD, seeing as he gets anal about ring stains (he "respects wood"), I'd expect him to follow waste etiquette.
I think he just wanted to wind up the lawyer chap because he wouldn't let him use his bathroom.

Episode 3 was great.

"Can a white transitioner get a black penis?"

:laugh:

Part of this show's appeal has always been it's willingness to never be afraid to flirt along the line of political correctness. In a similar way as Seinfeld did, but it's a very different time now. Much braver to do so in 2020.
And credit to Larry for getting real life actor activists on board - in ep 3's case, Christine Lahti and Laverne Cox. Though I haven't seen any of Christine's doodles.

I didn't enjoy curb first 2 episodes this season and dropped it. first time ever in my life. idk whats wrong.. just felt a bit slow and very predictable. did it get better?

I felt like I'd seen it all before.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom