1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cult of Luna mini review

Discussion in 'Music & Music Streaming Services' started by karkus30, Feb 19, 2003.

1. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261
    Is this great or is this great. Got to be one of my favourite buys and is definitely in my 10 all time great albums.

Somehow they have managed to cross EMO music (as opposed to emo lyrics) with doom metal. This is a gigantic sounding album, it crackles with energy. Huge walls of distorted electric guitar, fused with beautiful melodies, not a bit of thrash in sight. Its probably the sort of thing a classical composer like Beethoven would have tried, if he had access to the instruments of today.

Even the screamed Dillinger style singing seems part of the whole sound not an add on.

This is a very complete album from the opening track, which gives the impression of a moving staircase taking you into the jaws of hell until the final bars of the outro.

The melodies even make it accessable to the most feverent metal hater, in the same way that Metallicas black album did. But this is no commercial style piece of music, theres real emotion here.

Stars.................I dont usually give albums maximum scores, but this is a definite 10/10 :smashin: :smashin: :smashin:

2. karkus30

karkus30
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,261