CUJO (TBA)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Stephen King's 1983 killer rabid dog film is getting a remake

Promo

Lang Elliott, President & CEO of Sunn Classic Pictures, Inc., announced that Sunn plans to produce the remake of Cujo this year representing the 30th Anniversary since Sunn produced and distributed the original Cujo motion picture in 1983, based upon Stephen King’s novel.

The 1983 version was highly successful at the worldwide box-office and, compared with today’s inflation and higher ticket prices, the box-office would be well over $225 million even without ancillary sales (i.e., DVD, cable, free television, pay-per-view, etc.).

Cujo is the story of a large, playful St. Bernard dog that is transformed into a hideous killing machine after being infected by rabies. Donna Trenton’s car is on the fritz, and she and her son take her ailing automobile to their mechanic. Upon their arrival, the car stalls and refuses to restart. The mechanic fails to appear so Donna searches for him. The transformed, maniacal Cujo reveals himself; he is highly agitated and very aggressive. Donna hardly recognizes this filthy, monstrous creature foaming at the mouth. Suddenly Cujo charges Donna, who barely makes it back into the car for protection. Trapped with her son and the windows rolled up, the sweltering heat begins to take its toll. Cujo’s powerful state of insanity and violence await.

1983 Trailer

Last edited:
Wow! Did not see this coming as a remake!

Quite enjoyed the original, will reserve judgement on this for now though....

That promo video is awful, fan-made videos are usually better than that. I used to love the original as a kid, I guess the only good thing about remakes is it makes me want to watch the old one again. I wonder if Silver Bullet will be next for the remake treatment, that was a great double bill along with Cujo.

While the film was a decent adaptation, there is a problem in translating the page the the screen in this case. In the book the dog becomes an almost mythological monster because we see him through the eyes of his victims, while when you actually see him on the screen, a St. Bernhard still looks fairly cuddly, no matter how much slimy slobber they put on him.

I cant believe theyre remaking this :facepalm:, the original was idiotic imo, cant imagine how anyone found it scary

I cant believe theyre remaking this :facepalm:, the original was idiotic imo, cant imagine how anyone found it scary

The same production company that made the 83 version are remaking it, i guess they had the rights and thought why not.

While the film was a decent adaptation, there is a problem in translating the page the the screen in this case. In the book the dog becomes an almost mythological monster because we see him through the eyes of his victims, while when you actually see him on the screen, a St. Bernhard still looks fairly cuddly, no matter how much slimy slobber they put on him.

I often find that's the case with Stephen King adaptations when there's a supernatural element. I recently finished reading 'IT' and thought I'd rewatch the made for TV version, having not seen it in maybe 20 years, I wish I had left it as a nostalgic memory now.

If this promo video was for backing/investors then I doubt this remake of Cujo will ever see the light of day. :D

Lang Elliot to direct the re-imaged CUJO, as C.U.J.O. (Canine Unit Joint Operations), possible military/police origin angle, maybe with a pack of rabid dogs.

That's one of the funniest things I've read for a long time.

Did someone ask them to take the title and do something with it as different as they could possibly make it from the book?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom