1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cube SCART?

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Gary D, May 10, 2002.

1. Gary D

Gary D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +826
    Does anyone know of a DECENT SCART cable for the Cube. The Official Nintendo one is fantastic but only through RGB on your telly, as my XBOX in the RGB it seems a waste of money (£19.99)also the nintendo cable doesn't allow you to connect the cube to your surround system.

I've tried the MadCatz Cable and it really really really bad - its worse than the cable that comes with the cube.

so any ideas boys and girls?

thanx

Garyd

2. alivingstone

alivingstone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Any third party SCART cable is more or less just the same as taking the supplied composit video and sound cable and plugging it into the supplied SCART adapter - i.e. they are a waste of money!

To get really good video output you need a full RGB compatible lead, either the official Nintendo (which I have) one or the Saitek one which I believe is available on Amazon. If you only have one RGB input on your telly you may need to shell out more for a fully RGB compatible SCART combiner which will allow you to plug in usually up to 4 devices into the one TV input.

Use the left and right audio outputs from your TV to connect to the audio inputs of the AMP you have, this is the set up I have and the sound and video is brilliant!

Anto.