1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cthd

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by I am maximus, Jan 31, 2001.

1. I am maximus

I am maximus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have ordered the film from movietyme on the 21st January 2001,a couple of days later the website says orders after or on the 23rd January will have a 2-3 week delay.The website expressly asks people not to contact them as to delivery or shipment of the film has anyone out there ordered and recieved the film or had money taken from there account as I would like to know if its on the way about the same time as my order .
    Many thanks

2. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You need to understand here that CTHD R3 has had huge demand worldwide and that there are significant delay problems in producing the disc. So much so in fact that Columbia Tristar cannot manufacture the disc fast enough.

All suppliers of this disc (inc Movietyme) are in the same boat. This title cannot be considered as mainstream, it should be viewed as a Cult title that is hard to get and therefore (albeit regrettfully) you will have to wait. Supply is literally trickling through to R3 distributors and then onwards to the few non-HK based suppliers.

Your credit card will not be billed until it ships from Movietyme.

p.s. if anyone is wondering why I appear to be defending them on this it is because it was me that tipped them off about supplying it back in November.

------------------
    Webmaster, http://www.bulletsnbabesdvds.com

[This message has been edited by Jenz (edited 15-02-2001).]

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Pardon my ignorance, but what is CthD? I have never heard of it before. Obviously it is a film so what is it about and who is in it? Is CthD an abrieviation?
    Neil [​IMG]

------------------
    That's pretty lame Milhouse!

http://members.tripod.co.uk/Neildo/index.html

4. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of course. Thank you. I have acctually seen it. The best kung-fu movie ever made in my opinion. I loved it.
    Neil

------------------
    That's pretty lame Milhouse!

http://members.tripod.co.uk/Neildo/index.html

6. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are people posting on other forums who have ordered the movie weeks after I did (19/01) who have received it - they didn't use Movietyme.

Once again some people have complained that their cards have been billed by Movietyme but that they are stilling waiting for the film.

The latest postings from Movietyme should be with them by Monday - but only sufficient numbers "to take in orders upto Jan 20th ***approx***".

It is true that demand has outstripped supply but I'm not sure Movietyme has handled this as well as it could have.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can't blame movietyme, they are a region 1 supplier, trying to supply a region 3 disc for the first time. considering the huge demand for the film, it's only natural they're going to have problems. and no, i have no connection, i only heard about the site recently.

8. Elephant Man

Elephant Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    maximus

I ordered it about time as you. Let us know when you get it.