1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CTHD R2

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Koosnaff, Jun 17, 2001.

1. Koosnaff

Koosnaff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Received from PLAY247 this morning and waited all day till I could get a chance to sit down and watch this long awaited movie.
    All I can say is brilliant ! Excellent direction, action, pace, score... (apparently the chello used by Yo Yo Ma for the music is worth 3 million dollars !!!)
    It was everything I expected it to be and more, but I think I would have to say that not everybody would appreciate it. I have read a few threads on this movie now, and not everybody enjoyed the 'flying' scenes. I personally think it enhanced the movie but then I enjoyed some of the earlier films of this type and felt that it was in keeping with the whole 'feel' of the film.

Excellent picture quality and some nice extra features.

2. RMCF

RMCF

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +626
    Just seen this a couple of nights ago and I have to say that I was slightly disappointed in it. Only slightly though. I have posted before about hype preceeding films and in some cases people almost being 'brainwashed' into thinking that they should like a film. With all the media coverage that this film got I think that maybe I was expecting far too much. I still found it to be one of the best films I have seen this year and very very enjoyable. Re: the flying parts, I actually liked these - it took me back to my youth and 'Monkey' and 'The Water Margain'. So overall, a very good film but not a great film.

3. graham_ew

graham_ew

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got my copy today and having a quick flick through the extras and stuff I decided to have a quick look at the film itself (Ive not seen it yet) again messing with the languages I was suprised to find that with english soundtrack selected and engish subtitles selected the were saying different things!!! :confused: not just with long sentences(were differces can be expected for ease of reading etc) but also with one word dialoge ie sound says:- YES subs say:- YOU :confused: :confused: so there fore you may get two differnt scripts/storylines for the price of one ,,,, bargin!!!.
    It does look good though and Im looking forward to watching it tomorrow night.

4. karla

karla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its a great film, but I have to say I was slightly disapointed. Its not a patch on Saviour of the Soul.

5. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After my brother raved about it and hyped it up so much my first viewing on monday was slightly dissapointing ,simply because of the expectation, still i did enjoy it.I advise a second viewing its much better you watch the film for the film without the baggage of the hype and expectation which surrounded it and you realise its a fantastically crafted film.

6. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,069
    Rented it for tonight so i'll update on what i though a little later :D

7. Ono

Ono

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted: