1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CT100 Coax

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by ajb, Feb 1, 2002.

1. ajb

ajb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi

Does anyone know the cheapest place to buy mail order CT100 coax? I need loads so 100m rolls are fine.

Many thanks
    Andrew

2. laurel

laurel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Andrew

I get all my cable from Net Shop Usually next day delivery and on-line order tracking. They are more computer oriented but probably have what you are looking for.

No problems with them so far.

Cheers

Laurel

3. JPC

JPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Try these links...............

http://www.maplin.co.uk/default.php?
    Click on CABLE, then Radio TV & Sat

http://www.screwfix.com/frames.phtml?submenu.phtml?6
    Click on Electrical then CABLE and then SATillite Cable!
    Its double screened (air spaced) and is great for indoors...... not suitable for outdoors really as the foil screening is Aluminium which tends to deterirate with the weather!...... you have a choice of Brown or White

Ive done my whole house (4 beds) with the Screw Fix one, with cables running along side each other with no problems. I also got all my clips and connectors from Screw Fix...... Its excellent value!

I used a mast head amp in the loft (straight from the Aerial on the roof) and picking up from my Sky Digi box downstairs Ive then redistributed everything via a distribution Amp again in the loft.

I thought this would cause real problems, so I had a variable attenuator handy incase there was too much RF radiated, but its turned out fine.......... in fact the quality of picture and sound is the best Ive ever had...... with an excellent range of rock solid colours & picture.

The video capture on my PC (in one of the bedrooms) is just amazing.... If I find out how to post a picture on this site I will.
    or I can send you some pictures.

Regards JPC