1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSI - Tues 13th May!

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by PoochJD, May 14, 2003.

1. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Was anyone else caught-out by tonights episode of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"?

Normally, each episode is 42 minutes (sans adverts) or about 55 with. Five then tends to show "Boomtown" at 9:55pm. Tonight, Sky, Five Text and DigiGuide all claimed that "CSI" was going to start at 9pm, but not end until 10:20pm.

I normally set my video for only an hour, and then go off and do something else. Thankfully, I didn't tonight, because I was so concerned about the time issue.

Tonight's episode, Season 3 number 15 "Lady Heather's Box" was actually shown Stateside, in a 90-minute block. As such, the episode ran, sans adverts, for 62 minutes in total - some 20 minutes longer than a regular US TV drama episode.

I'm not sure why this decision was made, but thank God I edited out all the ad breaks, otherwise I would have kicked myself for missing what was one of the best episodes of "CSI" so far!

If you missed it, you've missed a lot of very important character development stuff! Shame that no one at Five announced that this episode was longer than usual, just as a warning to viewers.

Pooch

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,233
    I watched it as well; thank goodness it was not last week as I watched the Birds of Prey.

Pooch can you look at the titles at the beginning to see if Brenda Bakke was in it?
    I was checking if that woman that Grison was interested in was the same one that was in Demon Knight? But I cannot see her in that episode of CSI on IMDB.

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi Garrett,

Brenda Bakke did NOT play Lady Heather (the lady in charge/owner of the sex club). In fact, it was American actress Mindy Clarke, who is more famously known for playing the lead female role in "Return Of The Living Dead Part 3". (She is the woman who appears on the front cover of the DVD/VHS tape, dressed in black leather gear, and with various piercings and chains!

Pooch

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,233
    Thanks Pooch:smashin: ,

Can’t say I know the actress.

5. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Garrett, she was in the Slaves of Las Vegas episode in season 2 which is one of my favourites and hence the connection between she and Grissom. If you want more info on her Garrett, check out the tvtome.com site.
    I liked the fact that she was retained as a person of strength and character maintaining the arc and not surrendering. Also that Grissom was at last to yield and be overtly 'human' - though the supposed 'coldness' of his character is in question to the seasoned viewer.
    It was an oddity having the 'feature-length' episode and had me rechecking my time pieces. And more power to it that it felt perfectly laid forth in duration with a few red herrings dotted about for the less discerning!

6. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Really enjoyed that episode, was quite HBO in places.

7. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    A little more S&M and nudita and it could've been, yes, gringots. So far I think one ep. has dared to show a breast of a young woman laid out in the morgue and now another slapped in an S&M session. Moral decline?!
    Though I like the series it further nailed the hypocracy and judgemental style of the CSI bunch where professionalism goes awry at times. But then that's life where those publicly outed are throwned on regardless, by others who may well do the same or 'worse' in their own homes.

8. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,546
    thank god for sky + at this moment,if i had set my vcr i wouldnt of noticed the extra length episode.