1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSI - see it anyone? Well funny...

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by encaser, Jun 23, 2002.

1. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Firstly I should say I like this programme, but it does stretch creduelity at times with dodgy searches etc. That out the way, tonight saw a guy hit and run down a chap; who ended up in his windscreen head first - no surprise there or funny. But, later you see he drove off with the guy STILL 'in' the car and parked him up in the driver's garage!. At first the intent was for the drunken driver to sober then hand the unconscious guy to medics, however the victim 'wrecklessly' semi-woke and the driver then changed his mind to causticly conceal the man/body later upon death after no medical care allowed!!
    Now, that takes the cake as far as I'm concerned as the premium botch story of the series to date - the driving home with him on the car that is with no one seeing this on route or in his cul de sac - any advance?

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,470
    I have to say both of last nights stories were a bit incredible. The other of being dry drowned on a mountain and being found in a desert! That’s why the other day I said I like the storeys when they just concentrated on one case.
    I did like last nights twist, that if the Hit and Run driver (or should that be Hit and Take Away) who was drunk, had reported it would have got away with it because the victim had left a suicide note, but it became murder because he could have saved him, as he bleed to death over 3 days.

3. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Garrett, I was amazed that the guy who changed the map wasn't done for murder on some conspiracy charge; as the US legal system is able to tie everyone and anyone to an committed offence somewhere down the line with conspiracy! Surely they'd have gone for wreckless endangerment, but then Yanks live and die by that freedom to force competition of self-improvement bull.
    Oh and I loved that the Lawyer chose an open park to shallow grave his victim; cause he wouldn't be risking being spotted burying him or be likely to be found too quick. Ya Ha!
    More holes bwtf, we'd never watch anything I guess if...

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,470
    My favourites over that last few weeks have been the Bus accident and the kidnap stories.
    I was looking at CSI on Sky info page for a Monday nights (on the bus accident) and it stated ‘CSI investigate Gas station attendant who puts chlorine? In buses tyres!’ That gave the ending away. Nice one Sky.

5. chic

chic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +871
    i ve lifted this from the dvd forums & it looks as if there is a new spin off called csi mimi coming soon

It's the cop show that has won a huge following on both sides of the Atlantic. Now CSI:Crime Scene Investigation is capitalising on its success with a spin-off series featuring former NYPD Blue star David Caruso.

British viewers will catch a glimpse of Caruso and his sidekick Emily Procter (The West Wing's Ainsley Hayes) on next week's CSI when Catherine and Warwick from the regular team of crimebusters follow a murder trail to Miami. There they meet with the new stars, their eastern counterparts.

Channel 5 is now bidding for the resulting series, CSI:Miami, which is already winning plaudits in the USA. On its first outing it took the number 2 slot in the ratings and was topped only by Dr Greene's departure from ER.

In the new spin-off, David Caruso plays Horatio Caine, a former homicide detective in charge of a forensics unit. Some crime aficionados swear there has never been a TV cop to match Caruso's Detective John Kelly in NYPD Blue but the actor believes Caine will be even more popular. "I think he's a more sophisticated guy than John Kelly. He has an air of mystery about him that is going to develop"

6. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    I remember (now!) reading about this new spin-off a while back and wondered what this one'll be like. I liked Caruso in NYPD Blue originally but later found him a little too ernest/pious; then felt like slapping him and giving him a tea to calm down with. Though watching King Of New York eased my angst toward him with Christopher Walken's intervention.
    Calling him Horatio refils me with dread, but no doubt which ever channel scores this I'll give it a go. There is bit of a glut of late for this type of show what with sat' repeating all and sundry and the 'real life' car wreck style forensic stuff on to appeal to the lowest common denominator. On reflection, it's safe to say that the fictional stuff is less phony than the 'real stuff' on offer, so bring it on.