1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSI New york what do you think?

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by shoestring25, Jul 9, 2004.

1. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    having watched the penultimate epsiode of csi miami where they introduced csi new york iwould be interested to know what peoples impressions of it were.

myself i didnt like the characters much. i will watch it because it is csi. CSI vegas has the best set of characters out of the three.

what does eveybody else think?

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    Vegas night skies
    Miami yellow/green skies.
    New York grey skies. :D

I like Miami best they tend to do one crime scene more and seem to do a little more detective work and I like the character Horatio.

3. MrFurious

MrFurious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,492
    agree with garett again!!!(living daylights etc)

i love miami but not bothered too much with vegas,do you know if miami is going to have another season???

4. shoestring25

shoestring25

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    i always prefer the original but i do like haratio david carusso is very good hes very watchable just like he was at the start of NYPD blue.

i like gary sinise but i'm not sure about the other characters in the NY version

5. bobbles

bobbles

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i think it showed great promise. However, I felt it was more blue than grey.

I wasn't too impressed with the female lead, more screen time for that one from 24 I say.

aparantely tag from friends has joined the cast

I think miami is better than original mainly due to carusso

miami is having a 3rd season and vegas a 5th. It is going to be a bit mental when all 3 start in september in the states

6. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Vegas and Miami don't try to do the same things though.

Grissom and H are two totally different characters one's a bit of a reserved gung ho type and the other likes bugs :D

Love both shows though especially any with Marg in ;)

Not sure about Gary Sinise. Hopefully they have casted well!

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    Saturday night showed some of the reasons I like Horatio, he watches the back of his underlings, takes the deaths personally, and feels responsible to the victim’s relatives. He will remember cases long gone that have failed and will still resolve if he can, and even gave his nemesis in love some good advice because he cared more about the woman he loves than petty scoring.

Whereas Grisom is a bit of a cold fish, although a genius at forensics and is great at sardonic humour.

As for Marg funny how producers start dropping actresses over 40 yet here she is about 45 still knocking them dead. :smoke:

8. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Re: the lead female from CSI:NY

I dont like her, I never have since Due South. She broke Fraiser's heart!

9. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Hi,

Well, personally-speaking, I quite liked the "CSI: Miami" penultimate episode introducing the "CSI: New York" gang.

Gary Sinise is always a powerful presence, and I thought he brought gravitas to Mel Gibson's movie "Ransom", so his character could be an interesting anti-hero, when the poo hits the fan, so-to-speak, in any of the upcoming "CSI: New York" episodes.

Marina Kanakarides is very beautiful, but having only seen her in comedy/drama roles, rather than outright dramas, it will be interesting to see how she pans out.

The mix of New York's dull, grey skies, with Miami's warm yellow beaches and blue skies was a clever "gimmick" , and added an interesting contrast to the show.

I know Marg Helgenberger has got her contract for "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" renewed for a further three years, meaning that the original show should continue on until at least the end of a prospective Season 7! And Season 5 of "CSI: Crime....." will also include a special double-length episode set in London, which could be interesting. Knowing "CSI"'s crew, I expect they won't do the normal stereotyped version of what Britain and British people are like, so this could prove to be a big highlight for the latest season of the show.

"CSI Miami" has already started filming Season 3, and I'm 99% certain that "CSI: New York" will get a second season, without fail.

My personal preference is still for the Vegas original, only because I like the characters more, especially Grissom. With "CSI: Miami" as much as some of the characters are great, e.g. Horatio, Yelena, Calleigh and Alex, I find Speedle and Delko severely underused, to the point that Speedle could easily be written out of the show completely, without any major loss.

Having said that, "CSI: Miami's" theme tune is definitely my favourite of the two CSI shows we know of so far!

A quick question: does anyone know why at the end of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" Season 3, Grissom has a hearing problem, but this plot-line is never concluded or touched-upon in Season 4? Are to simply presume he got the matter dealt with, and now has his hearing back and fully restored or what?

Last of all: looking back over "CSI: Crime...'s" past four years, I'd love to hear what people's favourite episodes are - one per season. Here are mine:

Season 1 - A complete tie, I'm afraid, between Episode 9 "Unfriendly Skies" and Episode 20 "Sounds Of Silence". (The first episode dealt with the suspected murder of a man on a plane, with multiple witnesses, all denying any knowledge of what happened. Very clever, and a superbly moral ending. The second dealt with the harrowing death of a young boy, who is deaf and dumb, which triggers an investigation into a bullying at a local school for deaf and hard-of-hearing students. An amazing, eye-opening and emotional episode, that never preaches to the viewer.)

Season 2 - Episode 9 "Slaves Of Las Vegas" (The wonderful and elusive Lady Heather, is introduced to us, and she see and Grissom seem to be more than a match for one another. Could she be a potential love-interest for him, or is the feeling purely on an intellectual level? A classic CSI episode!)

Season 3 - Episode 15 "Lady Heather's Box". ("CSI: Crime's..." first feature-length special episode of the show, and a great continuation of the character of Lady Heather's interest in Grissom, previously introduced in Season 2's Episode 9 "Slaves Of Las Vegas".)

Season 4 - Episode 13 "Suckers" (The theft of a Japanese sword is not quite what it seems. Complex, but brilliantly-plotted mystery, where nothing is as you expect it. Definitely the highlight of this latest season, for me.)

Pooch

10. alle v

alle v
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ...Grissom went for an op on his ear didn't he?. He came back with superman's hearing as witnessed in the Assume Nothing? when he heard the mobile phone vibrate and Catherine didn't.

11. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,006
    Wax???

Without looking the names up for CSI vegans mine were :
    The one with the bus crash.
    The one with Marg more or less the only CSI character in about a kidnap.
    The one you mention Pooch with the sword.
    The one where Grisom investigates a murder in a small town.

CSI Miami.
    The second one with the mad bomber. Losing Face
    The one with the bloke on the beach with a slit throught 'Just One Kiss'
    The sniper one. 'Kill Zone'
    The one last night with the diplomatic immunity. 'Blood Brothers'
    The heist one 'Money for Nothing'

12. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    The hearing problem was a hereditary disease his mother had. It had just started to manifest symptoms badly so he went in for the op after it started to affect his work. The cliff-hanger was he could have ended up deaf as a result of the op.