1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSI - Help Needed

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Sam V, Jun 24, 2003.

1. Sam V

Sam V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Hi Everyone,

I am looking to start buying these on DVD but I am abit confused. I have done a search already on the forum but couldnt find something that answered my question fully but I apologise If someone else has asked this.

I dont mind which region I buy as long as I get all the episodes that have been released so far including the pilot. My confusion is with the region 1 box sets really.

There seems to be one where you can get all 23 episodes of the first series but there is also a deluxe box set with 3 discs and there seems to be a couple of other 3 disk sets available too. Are these all diferent episodes on all the dvds or are the 3 disk sets just the 6 disc set released in 2 parts.

Can any CSI fans advise me on which set(s) to buy

Thanks for your help in advance

Sam

2. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    As far as i know,the only place to get the complete first series is region 1,the r2 versions were released in two stages-first half on 3 discs and the second followed.You can also pre order the complete second series (r1)coming out september (i think?)

3. PaulaB

PaulaB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    The second series is coming out in september in widescreen and 5.1. Dv-depot have got it on preorder so have movietyme, I am waiting to see how much dvdsoon will sell it for

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Sam,

"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" is released in the USA and UK, in two boxed-sets per season, with each box containing just half a season.

In the UK, Season 1, was released as:-
    - Set 1 (Episodes 1-12)
    - Set 2 (Episodes 13-23)

As far as I know, Season 1 is not available as a complete six-disc DVD set, from anywhere in the world. However, some internet companies may offer you the opportunity to purchase the whole season together, at a slightly reduced price, rather than letting you buy both sets separately.

Also, be aware, that the UK Season 1 release has had the superb The Who opening theme "Who Are You?" removed, due to contractual reasons. As such, it has been replaced by some quite terrible plink-plink synthesiser theme instead.

You may, therefore, want to wait and buy the Region 4 (Australian) ir Region 1 (USA/Canada) versions instead, which should all be intact, and have the original theme restored.

Oh, and despite rumours, Season 1 was never filmed in widescreen. Only Seasons 2 onwards, were.

Pooch

5. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    sorry poochJD,
    like i said before this is available complete on region1:rotfl:
    been on sale for a few months now
    :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:here

6. Sam V

Sam V

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +43
    Thanks for all your help guys I think I understand now.

I hate to go against Pooch here too but I definitely saw the Region One 6 disc box set and it said it includes all 23 episodes of the first series.

I think I am gonna go for this one and ignore all the rest. Just gotta find the cheapest place.

Definitely wont be reguion 2 though as I aint gonna miss out on the WHO.
    Thanks for that Pooch.

:clap:

7. ebury

ebury

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    try the hk version of cd-wow.If available will work out a lot cheaper than anywhere else for r1