CSI - Final Episode

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by lee789, Jul 19, 2005.

1. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    CSI Season 5 final episode is on tonight directed by Quentin Tarantino.

I've never really watched this show (seen a couple of the David Caruso ones) and from the review it sounds like its a top epsiode.

My question ? Can a newbie watch this or will I be lost on some continuous plot lines from previous episodes ?

Thanks

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,877
    Should not think so, each story stand on there own.

3. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks Garrett, thats what I wanted to hear.

4. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Just a quick reminder! ;)

I know I've already mentioned it, and so have other people, but what the heck...

You absolutely MUST WATCH "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" tonight, on Five, between 9pm and 11pm! It's the Season 5 finale - a double-length special written and directed by Quentin Tarantino - and word has it, that it's the best ever episode of "CSI" out of all 5 seasons to date! And that's a hell of a claim to make! :clap:

So, please, watch this episode or record it, and give Five some great viewing figures, and your brain a chance to exercise itself a little!

Thank You! :)

Pooch

P.S. And, no, I don't work for Five or CSI, or anyone related to either company/production. Honest!

5. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    WOW - what can i say to that - holy crap - best thing on TV in a long time

Stokes really does have bad luck - it always seems to be him that gets in trouble

Cant wait for the next series

6. VMAX

VMAX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Yes I agree, really was good. Can understand now why it was postponed last week.
    VMax

7. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67
    Can't see what all the fuss is about, found it average at best. :confused:

8. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    thought it was good but have seen as good/better from the CSi Stable, bit boring tho only having one case over two episodes.............

9. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    Weak.

Predictable. Lame contrived incidental scenes: Tony Curtis and the riddler! Come on.

All the CSI characters acting completely out of character ...which pretty much cripples the series strongest point.

10. Fordy

Fordy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    "I want my guys back..."

About bloody time too Gil.

Someone cap Eckley

11. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Thought it was good but not great :) I have missed a lot of the episodes of this season so can some one explain what " I want my guys back" actually meant and whay there seems to be 2 seperate teams in this series now?

Dave.

12. lee789

lee789

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Enjoyed this very much, I'll have to get the DVD sets. (I'm not used to watching commercial TV, spinning a 40 minute programme to an hour nearly destroyed the momentum and building tension).

Tarantinos scriptwriting could be seen right from the start, where the lead guy does that thing about Roy Rogers, the guys playing that Dukes of Hazard game etc etc. I can see why people would comment that he'd changed the characters or at least why they may speak out of character.

I also saw the trailer for the new series of The Shield with Glenn Close - top show (although still waiting for Series 3 on dvd).

13. Nebby

Nebby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    Overall a bit of a mixed bag.

On the down side:

I thought some of the dialogue was just too QT and felt forced / out of character (especially Warrick's piece during the early exchange with Nick in the locker room), and the stuff with the Dukes of Hazzard board game was just too self indulgent. SPOILER: The discovery of the semtex "surprise" was simply awful, and smacked of desperation / poor plotting. I'm getting fed up with writers using huge slices of luck as a means to save the day / wrap things up.

On the good side...

I liked the confrontation between GG and the bad-guy (nice to see GG taken by surprise every once in a while), and I just loved the way the final two scenes were played out...(was that that a smile on her face or a grimace?). And George Eads was superb throughout.

14. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,877
    Nice to see some old faces in the show Tony Curtis, John Saxon and in his last screen role Frank Gorshin.

15. Steve T

Steve T

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Okay, so I had it in my personal planner for last Tuesday (when they postponed it :mad: ), and then forgot all about it yesterday! :thumbsdow

Anyone know if it's due to be repeated?

16. Toasty

Toasty
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,914
    Enjoyed it, however was annoyed by, SPOILER:

The daughter explaining she used to work in a NURSERY, a place where they PLANT things in the ground and no one picked up on this as being a big clue to Nicks where abouts. This should of at least prompted a visit instead of being left to a more tenuous link later on.

And I don't think I was the only one that spotted this link as soon as it was first mentioned.

17. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280

does any body know what the answer to my question is? :)

18. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    Sorry I can't remember all the characters names...SPOILERs from previous season ahead:

Nasty suited boss man splits the group as he feels they are getting too loyal to Grissom and potentially covering up any misjudgements on his part. He's effectively relegated to a desk job whilst the senior blonde csi gets to head up the nightshift with the two guys ( she wanted the dayshift to better look after her daughter I think...so she's none too happy with the arrangement...potentially suit man does this to pee off everyone to the max and undermine any percieved powerbase of Grissom)

19. KoThreads

KoThreads

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +183
    After all the hype I thought it was very ordinary, the only bit I thought had QT stamped on it was the start with the close up of the vice, bullet, girls, after that not as good as many normal CSI eps.

I've just read the other posts and I even wonder if I was watching the same show.

20. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280

Cheers Mr.D :smashin:
    Question. Did the above help or hinder the show? Is this going to be a permanent araggement? Did you see more or less of Grissom because of this?

Dave.

P.s
    did anyone think that there seemed to be a hell of a lot of adds over the two hour period of the show last night, or was it just me?

21. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

Wow! :thumbsup: All I can say, is that this was a superb double-episode! I haven't been put on the edge-of-my-seat like that, since the Season 1 finale of "24"! :clap:

Despite some occasional flaws, (the guest stars were criminally wasted in this episode, and the verbal discussion between Nick and Warrick in the locker-room felt contrived), I thought the episode was very, very effective and tense! Actor George Eads was awesome as Stokes, especially in the ant-eating scenes - yucky stuff! Plus, it was good to see a more emotional side of the CSI team, especially by Grissom and Sara, watching Nick by the webcam. (Also nice to see Grissom lip-reading, which harks back to Season 1's episode "Sounds Of Silence", and the two Season 3 episodes "Lady Heather's Box" and "Inside The Box".)

I really hope that the villainess in this episode might resurface in Season 6, as I feel that she could do some real damage to the CSI cast, and bring us viewers some of the more controversial and rewarding storylines. :) Roll on February 2006, when we'll get to see the Season 6 Premiere! :smashin:

In answer to some of the questions, r.e. this double-length finale episode:

1) Season 5 is currently being repeated, right from Episode 1, every Saturday night, at about 9pm, on Five. Therefore the Seaon 5 finale, will be repeated in about 5 months time! :eek:

2) No, there weren't any more ads than usual during the episodes, although it probably felt like it. In fact, I recorded the episodes, cutting-out all the ads, and the finale ran to about 1hr 25 minutes, which is the standard running time of a feature-length episode of a US TV show. (Normally, a regular hour-long episode, will run for 42 minutes approx, excluding ads.)

3) SPOILER ALERT!! Just to expand on MR D's explanation - In Season 5, it's Conrad Eckley who splits up the CSI teams into two different shifts at the end of Episode 3 "Harvest" - a new Day-Shift, and the rearranged Night-Shift. Due to Eckley's hatred/loathing of Gil Grissom, and because he feels that Grissom's team are becoming too protective of him and his odd ways, as well as potentially covering his butt, the team are split up. Heading-up the new Day Shift is Catherine Willows. A) because Eckley likes her. B) because he hates Grissom, and C) so that Catherine can have more time with her daugther, Lindsay. (Eckley also attempts to ask Catherine out, in a later Season 5 episode, but she brushes him off - thank god! :D ) Day-Shift now consists of Catherine, Warrick Brown, and Nick Stokes. Night-Shift now consists of Gil Grissom (in a more desk-bound job, courtesy of Eckley), Sara Sidel, Greg Sanders and Jim Brass. The split causes tension, as Grissom finds it difficult to accept that Catherine is now his equal, and not his semi-subordinate. However, it also causes tension in a later-Season 5 episode, when both teams arrive to investigate the same crime, and Grissom forcefully requests that he be put in charge, rather than Catherine. :nono:

Pooch

22. TonyA

TonyA

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +217
    Good episode. :thumbsup:

23. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    Hate to disagree with sutch a venerable member as Pooch but Catherine now heads up the swing shift not the day shift - there are three shifts day/swing/night - and grisom is still in charge of the night shift.

Swing shift is the middle part of the day and overlaps the other two shifts (which is why we still see both teams together in each eppisode)

24. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi,

I stand corrected! :blush:

Pooch

25. Battle

Battle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,078
    :D :thumbsup:

26. gringottsdirect

gringottsdirect

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Just got around to watching this tonight.
    Agree with the comments about the scriptwriting - I thought Warwick was going to morph into SLJ at one point - Say What Again - I Dare You to paraphrase Snoop.
    Nonetheless - I loved it - fantastic episodes - using the links with previous storylines and all.
    The Steve Wynn joke made me chuckle ! :D