1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSI fans look here

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by neilo, Jul 16, 2004.

1. neilo

neilo
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    One of the stars of the Emmy-nominated drama CSI has been fired in what is thought to be a dispute over salaries.
    Actress Jorja Fox was fired over a contractual dispute on the day filming was due to begin on a new series.

Co-star George Eads has also reportedly been sacked after a pay row, according to Variety newspaper.

CSI is the US' top-rated show, drawing up to 26 million viewers, and has spawned a number of spin-offs including CSI: Miami and CSI: New York.

Fox, who played Sara Sidle in the drama, was five years in to a seven-year contract with the CBS network.

The 36-year-old previously starred in ER as Dr Maggie Doyle and in a season of The West Wing as Gina Toscano.

Her publicist Danica Smith confirmed the actress had been sacked, but did not go into the reasons for her dismissal.

Ms Smith could not confirm that Eads, also a client, had been fired, although Variety reports he did not turn up for work on the first day of filming.

Eads has previously appeared in ER and romantic comedy Just a Walk in the Park.

Fans of the actors have already begun an internet petition supporting the stars, threatening to stop watching the show if they are not allowed back in the series.

A CBS spokesman said the network had no comment.

The news emerged on the day CSI was nominated for four Emmys, including best drama series.

A search is under way to find replacements for Fox and Eads, although it is not known whether the characters will be recast or new ones developed.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Gotta laugh when someones ego is really bigger than their actual status and no 10% for the agent who doesn't seem to have done a good job advising his/her client very well either:)

3. Mr THX

Mr THX

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +31
    Do you know anymore info on CSI:New York ?? I thought they making some kind of introduction to the New York team when we saw them appear on CSI:Miami.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    CSI:NY is going to premiere on CBS probably on the 22nd of September with an episode entitled "blink".
    It will probably turn up on Five early next year with CSI:Miami rumoured to be taking a longer break between it's UK screening.

5. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Just found out the following, which elaborates a bit more on the sacking of "CSI: Crime..."'s two stars.

A Variety report states that both actors had requested a salary bump, and been turned down. Fox allegedly missed a 5PM deadline on Wednesday to return a letter in which Jorja Fox was required to state that she would return to work, which Variety reports that she disputes. Sources close to actress Fox say she sent the letter over. As of Wednesday evening, though, she was officially released from her contract.

The following morning Eads was let go as well when he failed to report to the set on time for filming. A search is supposed to be underway for replacements at this time, but for now we'll just have to enjoy the original cast on DVD (and CBS will have to pray that the cast shakeup doesn't impact the ratings of one of their hottest shows!)

Pooch

6. clancol

clancol

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    who did eads play

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    HI,

Clanco - you're obviously not a fan of the show, if you have to ask that question! :D George Eads played CSI Level 3 Nick Stokes! He was one of the main characters in the series, and his name appears in the opening credits of every episode! :lesson:

Everyone else - More shock news! :eek: Eads and his agent are claiming that Eads "simply overslept" on the first day of filming, ( :rotfl: )and is hoping to have sorted out the matter (i.e. get his job back) by the end of next week! Well, I'm not sure I believe that excuse, but I do hope he and Jorja Fox get their jobs back, although I doubt this will happen somehow.

Pooch

8. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,478
    More news from www.csifiles.com

Fans lamenting the firing of Jorja Fox (Sara Sidle) and George Eads may have reason to hope, as reports leak out that Fox is in talks with CBS to return to CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.

According to Variety (via Yahoo! News), representitives for Fox are claiming she did indeed sign CBS's letter promising to come to work during salary negotiations, but because the letter was mailed and not faxed CBS may have assumed the actress never signed the letter. Reuters (via Yahoo! News) noted that both Fox and Eads were offered a $20,000 per episode raise (from $100,000 to $120,000), but that the stars were reportedly holding out for more money.

While promoting the TNT movie Evel Knievel in which he stars at the Television Critics Association press tour, Eads claimed he overslept the first morning of CSI filming. "I overslept," he said. "And I don't mean I overslept 10 minutes, 30 minutes. I woke up white as a sheet 3½ hours after I was supposed to be on the set, and called to say I was on my way to work, and they said, 'Don't bother.'"

Eads claimed he was surprised over the network's response, maintaining that his absense was not "because I was holding out for more money. It's never been about cash for me. It's never been about money for me. That's not what this is about." He felt that CBS reacted in an extreme manner, relating it to a football coach firing a player for showing up late. "I'd expect the coach to have me run hills and run wind sprints until the sun goes down," he said, "not, you know, completely fire me."

Eads said he hopes to have the situation resolved by this weekend. He contacted CBS and "apologized nine ways to Sunday," though he did say he has yet to speak to CBS chief Les Moonves. "If after I've spoken to him from my heart he knows exactly what the situation is, he's the boss. It's still up to him," Eads said of Moonves. "I want all this to work out. CSI is a part of who I am," he added.

Meanwhile, Eric Szmanda (Greg Sanders) has negotiated a deal with CBS with little fanfare. Szmanda will receive both a raise and increased screentime. Marg Helgenberger (Catherine Willows) is reportedly seeking a raise as well, but as of yet nothing official has been negotiated.

The original reports can be found at Variety (subscription required), Reuters, at Yahoo! News here and here and U-Daily Bulletin.

Greg

9. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Overslept!
    :laugh:
    I've heard that excuse many times at work, it has some merit unless there has already been rumours of a no-show to aid in contract negotiations!

10. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

According to http://www.csifiles.com/ both Jorja Fox (CSI: Level 2 Sara Sidle) and George Eads (CSI: Level 3 Nick Stokes) are both back! :clap:

Both are returning to work, and have not been given their pay-rise, but will remain on their old salary rate of $100,000 per episode! :eek:

Meanwhile, actor William Petersen, aka CSI head honcho Gil Grissom, has had a bit of a health scare recently! Thankfully, he's back on duty, and it was nothing too major!

Season 5 has now officialy started filming, and will air from September 2004 in the USA, and next year on Channel Five in the UK! :)

Pooch