Cscs card

Saymyname1

Ex Member
Reaction score
Been a roofer for 17 years and never needed one , just got a huge contract and the company it's for require them .

Anybody on here done the test , heard it relatively easy and need one by Friday .

Read and study as much as you can before the test, even if you think you are up to date with health and safety on site.
Our company employs around 70 Cscs card holders and most of the lads that fail the test are the ones that you would think would sail straight through!
The reason is that some of them have been in the construction industry for many years and think they know it all - even though legislation and attitudes to health and safety change all the time.
The test is not complicated and you'll probably sail through it in 15 minutes as long as you do some revision.
Good luck.

We had to do the site visitor ones, it was mostly common sense but there's a few curve balls in there, just read the book and do some swatting just in case. The visitor one used to need 100% to pass so we had a few fail on silly mistakes

I did mine a couple of years ago, and found it easy tbh. I guess that as I don't have years of experience on building sites, perhaps the scant studying I did before the exam helped!
IIRC, the actual exam took me in the region of 10 minutes to complete, it's all multiple choice on a computer.

Great to hear of your success! Obviously they just want to cover themselves, but hope it isn't too much of an obstacle. It might even make you think about things in a different way, which may be of benefit to your less experienced colleagues.

I always say to our new guys " It's as easy as reciting the Alphabet, As long as you KNOW the Alphabet....Revise!"
;)

I've done the managers/platinum one, the basic test is very easy and 90% common sense with the odd statistical question thrown in to ensure you have to read the book. The managers component of the test does need some swotting up on but its still pretty easy and is mainly associated with H&S law.

Been advised to go for the experienced working one and not the operative .

Would the test on that be the same ?

Not certain but I would expect so. The experienced worker one is temporary though and cannot be renewed so if your huge contract is for more than 12 months you will need to work towards one of the others

Lol there's a few I work with that I think would even find that a struggle .
Site inductions here are cringeworthy, some of the guys that can't speak a word of english sit through without a clue and then get asked a question they can't answer because they don't understand. They had to start pulling companies up on it that in an English site the staff need at least basic English to understand emergency instructions if needed

Been a roofer for 17 years and never needed one , just got a huge contract and the company it's for require them .

Anybody on here done the test , heard it relatively easy and need one by Friday .

I need to resist mine around 4 weeks before it runs out in order to get my new card on time as some employers/contractors etc don't accept the bit of paper that says you've passed!

Hope this isn't the case for you
Martin

And don't forget you need photo ID to sit the test, the jobsworth at the local test centre turns LOADS of people away for not having the correct documents

Ended up going for the normal due to the other only being temporary .

Yeah was told about all the documents earlier today and to be honest the person I booked it with seemed abit of a jobs worth .

Earliest I could get was the 28th at my local centre .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom