cs.5.5 premier on an old iMac

monjon

Standard Member
Hi there
thinking of getting cs.5.5 premier, but I don't think my mac is good enough? Most of the System requirements seem to be OK, but I am not sure about the graphics card. I am using a first gen silver iMac think its about 4 years old. The requirments on the adobe site say this, 1280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0-compatible graphics card. And this, Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU–accelerated performance; visit Tech specs | Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 for the latest list of supported cards. The graphics card I have is ATI Radeon HD 2400. Would I be able to just about run cs.5.5 premier? Or will it harm the computer or would it just struggle? I don't mind it being slow as I am not using it for a business, but if it harmed the computer that would be bad.
Thanks for your help:)

Spoonhead

Hi there
thinking of getting cs.5.5 premier, but I don't think my mac is good enough? Most of the System requirements seem to be OK, but I am not sure about the graphics card. I am using a first gen silver iMac think its about 4 years old. The requirments on the adobe site say this, 1280x900 display with OpenGL 2.0-compatible graphics card. And this, Adobe-certified GPU card for GPU–accelerated performance; visit Tech specs | Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 for the latest list of supported cards. The graphics card I have is ATI Radeon HD 2400. Would I be able to just about run cs.5.5 premier? Or will it harm the computer or would it just struggle? I don't mind it being slow as I am not using it for a business, but if it harmed the computer that would be bad.
Thanks for your help:)

Wouldn't harm the computer, but graphic refreshes would be slow. Those cards listed are just for GPU acceleration. As your card is not listed, it would have to do all accelleration via the CPUs, which when showing effects etc. would not be in realtime etc. You'd have to render them out first. My card is not listed either, but the software works.

Gazza

monjon

Standard Member
Ok thanks for the info
Aso is that similar to photoshop CS 5.5 as the graphics card is 256mb or something like that and mine is only 128? So the only problem would be it would run slow, is that right?
Thanks for your help

D

Deleted member 241106

My core 2 duo 2.0ghz runs perfectly fine with cs5.5 design premium, I did boost the memory from the stock 1gb to 3gb. Running lion too, which generally seems quite snappy.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Trinnov Room Optimiser: A full explanation of Trinnov and its room optimiser technology
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom