1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CS-1 best price

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by popeye, Dec 16, 2002.

1. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know the best price for a Centerstage 1 in the UK?
    The offical price appears to be £1900, however in the US I've found it on sale for as little as $1395 from www.bhphotovideo.com . Even after import tax and VAT it still works out over £700 cheaper!Can any UK dealers get near this price or is importing a unit the best option?

:confused:

popeye

2. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So if the cs-2 say was going for $1799 what could I expect to pay including VAT etc?

Obviously anyone will mention the warranty issues but hey this cheap, could take a chance !?!?!

rgds

Nathan

3. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just done the math for the CS-2. By todays exchange rate $1799 = £1,125.65. Quite a saving!
    Even when you add $128 shipping fee, 5% import tax plus VAT. Final price is £1,492.29. That's a massive saving of £807.71 on the UK price.

Regards

popeye:)

4. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    There is risk attached to this - the UK distributor may refuse to service the CS if it goes wrong and that may therefore mean it has to go back to the States for any warranty work and this can be costly.

However, I've imported lots of kit from the States at a substantial saving over the years and not one single item has had any sort of problem :) !

If I was looking to buy a CS, the last place I'd buy it would be the UK - not unless the price came down considerably (and you know that just ain't gonna happen)! To be fair, the CS can be had in the UK for cheaper than the RRP but you would still save at least a couple of hundred and probably more by importing.
    Paul

5. popeye

popeye
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've also imported quite a bit of kit from the States over the years and I've never had any problems. I supose its a risk you take in order to pay the price you want.

I contacted Focus Enhancements regarding importation and they replied that a US import would not have the usual 2 year warranty and in the event of the unit requiring service/repair it would have to be returned to the US retailer where purchased or the owner would have to seek repair in the UK at thier own expense.

The big question really is why is the product so much more expensive in the UK in the first place. Were talking hundreds of pounds! It really makes a mockery of Focus's own pricing policy.

popeye

6. CogPaul

CogPaul

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0