• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Crystal XBox - DVD drive noisy

gavan

Prominent Member
I just bought myself a second XBox, a crystal model. I'm planning to chip my old black one for use as a media player/emulator box and use the new Crystal for day to day play and of course, XBox live.

However, the drive on this new box seems really noisy. It doesn't sound like it's broken - it's just that you can hear the head seeking. Is this normal for the newer models? The drive is almost certainly a different model to that in the old black box as it can read DVD+R discs, which my old Black box can't.

On the other hand, the general fan and HD noise of the new box seems considerably lower. I'd be tempted to use the Crystal for the media player but I don't want to lose the warranty and of course the remote controller dongle is black and looks really ugly on it.

Cheers,

Gavan

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom