Crystal Palace vs Leeds - SSHD1 now..

danvitale

Novice Member
Most of this game has been good quality in HD.. but right now (78th minute onwards) there have been some nasty vertical lines appear in the picture. Could anyone be kind enough to check to see it's not my TV?

Ive tried 1080i and 720p and it happens in both instances.

Thanks

Dan

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
yeah ive got them too,it happened when healy went off thats when i first noticed it,very annoying

hdsport

jsnjms11 said:
There are vertical lines on the picture, it's not your TV.
they are horrible...I tried to take a pic of it

danvitale

Novice Member
Yep, there they are. Sky's broadcast of the Charity Shield has started and there are no lines.. we'll see how the broadcast goes of that game..

I'll put it down to a one off issue but if it happens again I'll be emailing Sky.

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
yeah me too,i was annoyed to see the lines,but even more annoyed with that morrison winner!!!

BrynTeg

Distinguished Member
:smashin: no it wasnt the rain

Starburst

Novice Member
danvitale said:
Yep, there they are. Sky's broadcast of the Charity Shield has started and there are no lines.. we'll see how the broadcast goes of that game..

I'll put it down to a one off issue but if it happens again I'll be emailing Sky.

Different OB units are probably using different systems to produce the game and I suppose "technical difficulties" have been with us since day 1 of TV broadcasting and still occur on well established analogue broadcasts so cutting edge HD will get their fair share:)

Like you say a one off technical issue can be allowed for aslong as it doesn't become common and even better SKY acknowledge the issue on screen.

hutch

Just seen the same lines on the Charity Shield match on my CRT through Sky+

Only there for about 20 seconds but definitely noticeable :thumbsdow

uno

Novice Member
There was some technical problems yesterday that you all noticed it wasnt problems with the Ob units although Visions hd2 in Cardiff is far better technically. But the problem was the at Sky Hq the enginerrs were aware and did best to fix hopefully all fixed for Wales match now.