Crysis

I cant wait to see what crysis will look like on my pc rig!!:smashin:
Likewise :thumbsup:

As for a console version - I'm sure one will appear - as has been commented their is a Direct X 9 version of the game. As the PS3 and Xbox 360 are both 9.0c machines they should be able to cope with a modified variant - but alas it is the Direct X 10 elements that are going to make this game - and they are limited to the PC until the PS4/Xbox NG comes along.

Likewise :thumbsup:

As for a console version - I'm sure one will appear - as has been commented their is a Direct X 9 version of the game. As the PS3 and Xbox 360 are both 9.0c machines they should be able to cope with a modified variant - but alas it is the Direct X 10 elements that are going to make this game - and they are limited to the PC until the PS4/Xbox NG comes along.

Yes but until recently whenever they have released demo videos of crysis there has been little to choose between dx9 and dx10 versions but I guess time will tell.

Some of the more recent videos for Haze and indeed Killzone 2 have taken the sheen off the graphics for crysis as well imo, they may not look better but the difference doesn't seem to be all that huge.

Maybe crysis will start to show whether dx10 is more than hype, when the developers of bioshock were pointing out the differences in the dx9 and 10 versions of that game they were barely noticeable in gameplay.

when the developers of bioshock were pointing out the differences in the dx9 and 10 versions of that game they were barely noticeable in gameplay.

In all fairness though, Bioshock was written on a modified Unreal 3 engine, which is originally a DX9.0 engine.

Crysis is the most probably the first game written with an engine really designed to use DX10. Of course, though whether the difference is that huge we shall see :)

Here's hoping that the PS3 is secretly a DX10 machine and SONY have been very sly!!! I dont believe this for 1 minute btw :p

Alex

Here's hoping that the PS3 is secretly a DX10 machine and SONY have been very sly!!! I dont believe this for 1 minute btw :p

Alex

There is no reason why the PS3 (assuming it has the power) can't emulate the effects made possible by DX10. I know the graphics card in the PS3 is not as powerful as the new DX10 compatible cards coming out but the PS3 can do some of the graphics calculations elsewhere to remove some of the burden on the graphics card.

The developer walkthrough video for killzone 2 show some very fancy graphical effects and although we obviously have no idea on the gameplay of that individual title the graphics to me at least look just as impressive as what I have seen of crysis.

We will have a much better idea though when these games are actually though I guess

I saw another rumour/article that the PC game Crysis is apparently coming to the PS3:

Linky to click

The game looks to be a port of the PC original plus some extra modes and features, a kind of Crysis 1.5. Like the PC game you can expect a visual powerhouse; an open-world shooter that begins on a beautiful tropical island before things take a turn for the worse and aliens from a parallel world stake a claim on Earth. ... For technical reasons we hear an Xbox 360 version of Crysis isn’t in development.

Crysis reviews here: http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/crysis?q=crysis

I hope this comes to the PS3. and i'm sure it will.

It's not like the PS3 isn't powerful enough

I also hope this comes to PS3 cant wait if it does, looking forward to lots of gmes this year unless they keep getting delayed

The big question is "is Crysis actually any good?". Lots of focus on how much of a graphical benchmark it is.

Crysis is good, it just isn't "genre defining" and doesn't really do anything new gameplay wise.

Either way crysis would never look good running on a ps3 or 360 without low res textures and sloppy framerates.

It will be seriously watered down.

Crysis is good, it just isn't "genre defining" and doesn't really do anything new gameplay wise.

Either way crysis would never look good running on a ps3 or 360 without low res textures and sloppy framerates.

It will be seriously watered down.

Looking at the Resistance 2 screenshots, if that is smooth, and there is no reason to believe it won't be, then I'd say a decent version of Crysis is more than achievable.

Looking at the Resistance 2 screenshots, if that is smooth, and there is no reason to believe it won't be, then I'd say a decent version of Crysis is more than achievable.

A seriously watered down version will be.

I don't want it to seem like I am trying to troll, I like the ps3 but I am very skeptical about crysis appearing on the ps3.

Current top end PCs can't play Crysis fullbore, I can't see how any of the consoles will but they could certainly give it a good go. I haven't got around to playing Crysis yet due to COD4 but from what I've heard it's only 80% or so a good game and the online experience is terrible.

The graphics on the game will be awesome.

I liked crysis on the PC but it does go off the rails a little at about two thirds of the way through the game, and I didn't like the end much at all.

It runs perfectly well on a mid range pc with poorer specs than a PS3 on medium to high settings and I see no reason why you can't get a decent version running on the PS3 at 720p, most of the better pc rigs are struggling because people are trying to play it at higher resolutions.

The only issue I can see being a problem is that of memory

does it matter if its watered down, if it looks good and plays well who cares.

COD4 is a good example of what the ps3 can do so if crysis looks as good as this it will be good

Source: Max Console

According to the latest issue of UK magazine, PSW, PS3 Crysis will be an almost 50% new game. The magazine also states that many of the original games staff were taken off PC Crysis months before release to begin to work on Crysis 2 and a port to PS3. The PS3 version will apparently include aspects of the sequel - but a new structure, environments, weapons and enemies.

"First up, we have Crysis. Now it's no secret that Crysis is coming to PS3 this year. The excitable, hard-worked coders over at Crytek have said as much in many interviews - they've even produced a new, multi-platform engine in readiness - but the real juice here is that it won't be a straight conversion of the PC game. We understand PS3 Crysis will be an almost 50% new game, with many of the original games staff taken off PC Crysis months before release to begin to work on Crysis 2 and a port to PS3 that will include aspects of the sequel - but a new structure, environments, weapons and enemies will feature on PS3. This should be one of the year's biggest console shooters."

Other than the visuals I though Crysis was a very shallow and extremely rushed game.

It will be interesting to see if this game is scaled back for the next-gen consoles

Source: Max Console

According to the latest issue of UK magazine, PSW, PS3 Crysis will be an almost 50% new game. The magazine also states that many of the original games staff were taken off PC Crysis months before release to begin to work on Crysis 2 and a port to PS3. The PS3 version will apparently include aspects of the sequel - but a new structure, environments, weapons and enemies.

Please try and do a search before starting a new thread. There is already a thread on the game. Merging together.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom