• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Crysis on my dell studio 1510

alisave

Standard Member
i am getting a new laptop tomorrow, and i was wondering if anyone has tried playing crysis or cod4 or unreal tournament 3 on this dell studio 15? did it run smoothly?
i used to play those games on a desktop quad core 2.4+4gb ram+nvidia 8800gtx +sata2 7200rpm 1tb hdd
now my laptop is core duo 2 t6400+3gb ram+256mb ati something+sata 5400rpm

thanks for your feedback in advance

Last edited:

Clunk

Prominent Member
i am getting a new laptop tomorrow, and i was wondering if anyone has tried playing crysis or cod4 or unreal tournament 3 on this dell studio 15? did it run smoothly?
i used to play those games on a desktop quad core 2.4+4gb ram+nvidia 8800gtx +sata2 7200rpm 1tb hdd
now my laptop is core duo 2 t6400+3gb ram+256mb ati something+sata 5400rpm

thanks for your feedback in advance

I think it's a mobilty HD3450.

It'll probably run, but with the settings right down. Crysis is more GPU dependent than CPU, and that's not a decent gaming GPU at all.

Install and run this for guidance on Crysis or most other games out there. It'll let you know whether you're hitting the minimum and the recommended specs. Not sure how well it'll report for you on mobile hardware though, but worth a look.

Can You RUN It?

Clunk

Prominent Member
Sorry, I only answered in terms of Crysis which was a bit pessimistic of me...

COD4 and UT3 are much better optimised as games, and should run at much more playable settings/better framerates than Crysis for you. :)

Razor

Distinguished Member
I have a dell studio 17 and it has an ati 3650 which is twice the power of the studio 15's ati 3450. You will have no chance in playing crysis or anything decent on the studio 15. The studio 17 can play COD5 on low settings.

Basically the ati 3450 is not a gaming card. This was one of the reasons why I went for the studio 17 instead of the 15. :)

alisave

Standard Member
Sorry, I only answered in terms of Crysis which was a bit pessimistic of me...

COD4 and UT3 are much better optimised as games, and should run at much more playable settings/better framerates than Crysis for you. :)
Thanks for your detailed reply

I have a dell studio 17 and it has an ati 3650 which is twice the power of the studio 15's ati 3450. You will have no chance in playing crysis or anything decent on the studio 15. The studio 17 can play COD5 on low settings.

Basically the ati 3450 is not a gaming card. This was one of the reasons why I went for the studio 17 instead of the 15. :)

and thank you too, you both saved me the trouble of installing and then the disappointment. now i can concentrate on work instead of wondering if those games would work or not on my laptop :)

Clunk

Prominent Member
Thanks for your detailed reply

and thank you too, you both saved me the trouble of installing and then the disappointment. now i can concentrate on work instead of wondering if those games would work or not on my laptop :)

Work? Woooooah there fella, there's no need to resort to deperate measures just yet!

Grab the COD4 single player demo here and have a try:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Demo - FileFront.com

Nothing to lose ;)

I just... pray... he reads this... in time...

Last edited:

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
try Half Life 2, you should be able to play with teh settings turned down a bit. Could get a little choppy in parts possibly, but its a fun game to play :)

Clunk

Prominent Member
try Half Life 2, you should be able to play with teh settings turned down a bit. Could get a little choppy in parts possibly, but its a fun game to play :)
Good idea, and also try Timeshift - which is kind of half way between Crysis and Half Life 2.

It uses HL2's Havoc engine, so looks very pretty but without being too demanding on system specs.

Ooh also Left 4 Dead, which uses the Havoc engine.

Razor

Distinguished Member
Good idea, and also try Timeshift - which is kind of half way between Crysis and Half Life 2.

It uses HL2's Havoc engine, so looks very pretty but without being too demanding on system specs.

Ooh also Left 4 Dead, which uses the Havoc engine.
Agreed Timeshift is very good looking game and seriosly underated :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom