Crysis 2

Se777eN

Distinguished Member
Today EA and Crytek announced Crysis 2 for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC.

The next instalment of Crysis will be the first game built on Crytek's CryENGINE 3 and will be released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC. EA will publish the game.

"The development of Crysis 2 marks a major stepping stone for our studio," said Cevat Yerli, CEO of Crytek, who had hinted at a multiplatform console game in April.

"This is not only the next game in the Crysis franchise, it’s the first title we are developing for consoles and the first title being built on CryENGINE 3. We are excited to have the support of EA Partners again as we work together to make the launch of Crysis 2 a huge event."

Following the announcement of CryENGINE 3 for consoles, it was inevitable that Crytek's next game would be for multiple platforms, but it wasn't obvious that it would be Crysis 2.

"Nothing speaks more to the success of the EA Partners program than when a studio the calibre of Crytek continues to work with us," said David DeMartini, Senior Vice President and General Manager of EA Partners.

"Crytek is already one of the elite PC development studios in the world and we are excited to have the opportunity to partner with them in bringing their award-winning technology and gameplay to more platforms and a wider audience with Crysis 2.

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/game-types/shooter/crysis-not-necessarily-coming-the-ps3-or-360-that-matter-$1300130.htm

WoooooooooooooHooooooooooooooooO

kav

Distinguished Member
I've heard all the hype about what a fantastic looking game Crysis is/was...but is it any good? On a console with limited processing power (compared to PC), do you think this will stand out from any other FPS?

Jay on F1

I've heard all the hype about what a fantastic looking game Crysis is/was...but is it any good? On a console with limited processing power (compared to PC), do you think this will stand out from any other FPS?
maybe, due to the extra abilities that the suit gives you (speed, strength and agility).

But, I do share your concerns due to the limited power of consoles and due to the fact it was a little hyped on the pc and on reflection ALOT of people didn't think the game was anything too special in the end, apart from the graphics and thats if you could run the game at a decent resolution. Dont get me wrong it was a good shooter, but it wasn't the BEST SHOOTER EVER! that alot of people thought it would be. (thats still got to be half life 2 for me).

I'm an FPS nut so will no doubt get it. It will be good to finally play. I stopped being a pc gamer due to the silly and frequent cost of upgrades, so missed out first time around.

Looking forward to hearing more news on this as it comes out.

marshall_nathan

Novice Member
Im playing crisis on pc and is fantastic in my opinion[i have ps3 and 360]i don t know,as is been told before,how can be play on any console now,no enough power to run properly but we see when is coming out.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: The Best TVs and Projectors of 2020, plus AV, TV Show & Movie News & Reviews
Top Bottom