Crying Freeman 4K Blu-ray Review & Comments

Nayfne

Distinguished Member
One that I don't recall, but after a great review, it's one I'm likely going to pick up! Cheers Cas.

Wedlock

Great review Cas !

It's a shame that this movie and Brotherhood of the Wolf are treated so badly.....they both deserve (4K) Blu-Ray releases in the best video and audio quality possible. Alas like you said that won't happen and we should appreciate this release even more !

I am hoping for a 4k release of Brotherhood and another little guilty pleasure from France named Vidocq 😇

Slinkywizard

The Manga and anime were a huge influence on me when I was younger. The story of Kiln and his perfect marksmanship and deadly blade skills. So much so I had a Japanese dragon tattooed across my entire back and legs. The tattoo took two years to complete at 5 hours under the needle each month. True story.

TarPot

Great review, as usual.

I watched this the last week. My first viewing. I always love Brotherhood Of The Wolf.

The film overall was disappointing. But the action was top drawer. Gans wanted to be John Woo and largely succeeded.

I thought the transfer wasn't great. But ok enough.

Kotatsu Neko

I remember watching the anime on VHS back in the day and that was made for nothing too. Some of the worst animation I had ever seen. Manga were scooping up everything vaguely "adult" for UK release no matter how terrible it was, whilst leaving vastly superior but less violent stuff on the shelves in Japan.

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
Was really pleased to see this pop up. Really like this alongside Brotherhood. After reading this review I went off to try and find a copy. I ordered one off Ebay from a German seller which was promptly refunded a few hours later as they said they're having a problem with the distributor for this title so I went to Amazon de and all I could find was a steelbook for £33.00 whcih I hope to have in time for a weekend viewing.

Casimir Harlow

Blu-ray Reviewer
Was really pleased to see this pop up. Really like this alongside Brotherhood. After reading this review I went off to try and find a copy. I ordered one off Ebay from a German seller which was promptly refunded a few hours later as they said they're having a problem with the distributor for this title so I went to Amazon de and all I could find was a steelbook for £33.00 whcih I hope to have in time for a weekend viewing.
So, if you go to Amazon de, there's a Steelbook Blu-ray but if you click "4K" it takes you to the Amaray 4K release, which is about 30 Euros. I'm not sure there's a steelbook Blu-ray release though, so it may be worth checking your order!

I bought it from Amazon de, and the artwork is the reversible cover one.

1594197445509.png

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
So, if you go to Amazon de, there's a Steelbook Blu-ray but if you click "4K" it takes you to the Amaray 4K release, which is about 30 Euros. I'm not sure there's a steelbook Blu-ray release though, so it may be worth checking your order!

I bought it from Amazon de, and the artwork is the reversible cover one.

View attachment 1330976
..and of course you're right Cas ;) I never noticed the pictured changed. I've ordered the amaray case UHD ;)