• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Crushed Colours? SA750D

tehxman116

Standard Member
Hey guys. Bit of a problem here.

Ive made a post in another forum. Il repost it here. Hopefully you guys can help me out with this one.

Hey guys.

Just signed up as i have a really annoying problem with my 27" SA750D I recently aquired.

Displayport doesnt display certain shades of dark colours correctly, but HDMI does...With lighter scenes i do not notice any problems. The media doesnt matter either. Films produce the same effect.

Have a look at these two images. Ive had to take a picture as the problem doesnt screenshot.

View image: IMAG0173
View image: IMAG0174

Ignore the colour difference. Note the washed out floor and walls etc in the first pic. First is Displayport, the other HDMI.

More examples:

View image: dp
View image: hdmi

Ive wiped and installed drivers to no avail. Also tried many other things bar a complete reinstall...Currently on a 7970 with cat 12.7 betas, have also tried the 12.6's. Connected to the monitor via minidp to dp adapter that came with the gfx card, to dp cable into the monitor.

Any ideas? Any help would be much appreciated.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
There should be a setting in the catalyst control centre somewhere that says whether you want to send the monitor 16-235 colours or 0-255 colours, that may be set incorrectly.

Last edited:

tehxman116

Standard Member
I've just double checked. It's set to 255. It's one of the first things I change when installing drivers. I'm really clueless as to what this could be

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
I've just double checked. It's set to 255. It's one of the first things I change when installing drivers. I'm really clueless as to what this could be

I think it's unlikely the monitor would want it the other way over DP but it's worth a try on the other setting if you haven't done so already.

Looking at those pictures the DP ones also appear to be more fuzzy, as if you're feeding it a lower resolution.

tehxman116

Standard Member
Have tried setting it to 16-235 but it makes no difference. The resolution is also the same. It may look like that from my dodgy camera holding skills!

Everything is great other then these dam washed out colours. I dont want to resort to using just 60hz over hdmi as i really notice a difference with 120hz. Is this most likely a driver issue? Ive googled like a mad man yet it returns nothing even remotely similiar to this.

Last edited:

tehxman116

Standard Member
Update:

[-]I've installed a fresh copy of windows and drivers on another drive. Testing with pot player and the dark knight and it seems the problem has been sorted.Looks like a new install it is then...
[/-]
Update:

[-]Narrowed it down. The dynamic range setting has to remain unticked. Setting a range causes the problem for me. Unticked still gives a setting of full as all shades of black are still visable[/-]

Its clearly a driver issue. From boot, everything is fine and i can watch movies no problems. But as soon as i turn off the monitor (then back on, of course) or launch a full screen app the problem appears.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom