Answered Crumpled Projector Screen - Time for the Bin?

timothywilsons

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been in my mancave for about 18 months now without any issues. Until I went down last night to watch Game of Thrones to find my Projector Screen had fallen off the wall. It's only a cheap 120" motorised screen, but it's been plenty fine for what I needed.

I don't know how long that it has been there for, but ignoring the dented frame and scratched paint work the biggest issue is the screen itself. In places it looked like screwed up paper :-( I reattached the screen and wound screen up and down - but watching TV on there was awful.

My question is this - do I just chuck it in the skip or is there any way I can significantly improve the screen smoothness.

If I chuck it out I am very tempted just to paint the screen on the wall this time, it's only a man cave and I've never raised the screen in 18 months.

Any opinions very welcome.

Regards

Chris

Let it hang for a while and see if the creases come out (maybe add a little weight to the bottom bar to help). Sometimes a little heat from a hair drier may help, but be careful not to over heat it.

If you can use the wall that may be just fine ( a lot of people do, and some with expensive projectors), and you've nothing to lose trying that.

Gary

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom