CRT School Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland @ B4

Many thansk to those who have already come back expressing an interest. I case you missed the dates which were buried on Page 5 of the other thread. These are now set for 9th /10th of November (sat & sun).

I have written an agenda and a questionaire if you are interested in coming please fill it out and send it back to us.

I have to confirm and pay for the rooms on Monday and need to be sure that this is a goer.

Attachments

• crt school.zip
    5.2 KB · Views: 112
G

GaryG

Hi Roland, count me in for either the Saturday or the Sunday. I've sent you a fax, if you've not received it send me an email.

D

daves

Roland,
how about video taping the lessons for those of us who can't make it . There must surely be a good market for you to sell enough copies to make a profit. Who is more qualified than you to produce such a video production !
Dave

Roland @ B4

I have to make the descision today. I have enough people to convince me that one day is feasable but I am going stick my neck out and book both days.

By far the most popular was the Sat. but there are places left on both days.

C

Couch Potato

Roland,

If you've got me down I'm going to pull out of this one, I'm in Cannes on business until Sat 8th.

LEt me know any dates for the North tho'

Steve

J

Jenz

In case anyone is remotely interested I shall be there also helping "Big R" :eek:

Who knows? I may even be able to tell you everything there is to know about every version of "5th Element".

R

rob_w

I'm looking forwards to the day, but Roland : you haven't sent me any confirmation or anything - Am I in? pref Sat aswell:)

Cheers

Rob

Boris Blank

Blimey Jenz, you must be telepathic or
something! I was just watching The Fifth Element!

Whilst you mention it (sorry folks this is OT somewhat), the opening credits where you see the rocks moving through space, just before you see the longshot of the galaxy (or whatever it is) the right side of the screen looks a heck of a lot lighter than the left is it me or is this the disc? Space it may be but black it ain't!

This was the first disc I viewed after calibrating my projector and I just about fell out of my chair thinking that I'd screwed it up but I'm pretty sure its the disc as everything else reads correctly and the pq once the movie actually starts is spot on!
Regards,
Paul

J

Jenz

For my Consultancy (seriously) I charge £80 an hour so I do not consider this steep at all!

Neil.

R

rob_w

you've also got to compare this to how much it'd cost to get Roland or Gordon to set up your pj for you every time you move house, change your graphics card etc....

I reckon it'll be money well spent

Rob

L

larsan

Forgive my bad geograpichal knowledge of England, but how far and how do I get to this location from London? Stansted to be more exact...

R

rob_w

I could probably pick you up on the way through, have to go past stanstead on the way....

Rob

L

larsan

Cheers Rob! That would be real nice! Which day will you be going?

R

rob_w

Saturday hopefully.......

You'd have to be there early as it'll take about 2 1/4 hours to drive to Reading from Stanstead:eek: - If the M25 is happy on the day....It took me 3 1/2 hours to drive there last time.....

Rob

L

larsan

I'll let you know in the morning. Gotta check in for today.

Thanks for the help so far. You english blokes really are friendly!

:D

Messiah

Oops! Didn't mean to offend :blush: I'll keep my views to myself next time and start charging for all the advice I give in my business ;)

R

rob_w

""I'll keep my views to myself next time and start charging for all the advice I give in my business ""

Be fair mate! - Roland and Gordan answer nearly every problem on the crt forum, and don't ask for anything back. Roland also posted a long thread covering setup etc. They have a wealth of knowledge between them that I'll never get as I don't work in the trade. I think it's a fair price to pay out to learn how to set up a crt and considering the prices they've paid out themselves for official training, I consider it a bargain.

If you think its too steep, don't go. I'm sure they'll both still be happy to help you on the forums.

Out of interest, how much would a typical install cost?

Rob

Messiah

Hey Rob

I've already apologised for a silly remark and please do notice the smilie at the end of the second sentence. What more do I need to do to withdraw the statement and say I'm sorry?

Blimey! There's no pleasing some people :D :) :D :)

L

larsan

Rob!

Looks like I won't make it. The air-fare is just too steep. I guess I'll miss out on this one.

But, thank you for your most generous offer!

Toodle pip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Cleer Audio announces Roam NC, affordable TWS earbuds
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Toshiba smart TVs add Amazon Music and Twitch apps
  • By Andy Bassett