1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRT Replacement on NEC XG852G

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tripodspore, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tripodspore

tripodspore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have recently bought an XG852G which has as its only apparent problem a badly burned Green CRT (half of it is "greyed out"). The other 2 CRTs seem fine. I have found a supplier for replcement Green CRT and have a couple of questions:

1. Can I simply replace the Green or would it be best to replace all 3 at the same time?

2. Any instructions on how to go about the replacement? Or better yet, any link to a web-site that will walk me through it?

Thanks in advance!

2. Boris Blank

Boris Blank

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +161
    Congrats! You have one of the best 8" projectors you can get!

If the other tubes are fine then don't bother replacing them. Yes, you can replace the green on its own (although you may have to remove the blue tube as well to get at it).

Excellent step by step replacement guide here;

http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/jrobbo/NEC/ This relates to the XG135 (non-liquid coupled) I think but the bulk of the guide will be identical.

I used this a couple of weeks ago and it was very easy (the guide is well written and you can't go wrong). Read it carefully and TAKE YOUR TIME!!

If you go here, you'll get most of the information you need to set it up correctly;

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=98042&highlight=nec+service+manual

All the best,
    Paul

3. tripodspore

tripodspore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the link - great help!

BTW, the ex-NEC dealer here will be loaning me an original service manual in the next few weeks. I will photocopy this for future ref. Anyone who wants/needs one can contact me and as long as you are willing to pay for copying costs and postage, I am happy to oblige!

4. tripodspore

tripodspore
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks for the link - great help!

BTW, the ex-NEC dealer here will be loaning me an original service manual in the next few weeks. I will photocopy this for future ref. Anyone who wants/needs one can contact me and as long as you are willing to pay for copying costs and postage, I am happy to oblige!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.