CRT projector problems.

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by adrianh, Aug 10, 2001.

1. adrianh

adrianh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Last night, my flat mate, asked me to view his projector image, as it seemed to be expanding.

The projector is a Bell Howell CX1 (don't think anyone will know it!!!!! circa 1988)

On viewing the image, it would expand and contract (in x and y directions), individual tubes being turned on and off, seemed to affect the problem.

The only thing i can think to discribe it would be that the image would expand to utilised the full face of the tubes.

after a number of minutes the projector seemed to loose some brightness and was decided to turn it off and letting is cool down.

after about 25 minutes it was fully cool, and decided to turn it back on.

the projector would turn on, and start to hear static build up, but with no image.

Any one with any suggestions????

Has anyone had similar problems with any other crt. How was it diagnosed and resolved, i don't think anyone will have a full solution as the projector is so old. but areas to examine might help.

All visiable fuses have been check and found ok.

<br />Thanks for any suggestions in advance

Ade.

[ 10-08-2001: Message edited by: adrianh ]</p>

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Ade<br />Sounds like your EHT regulation is up the creak.

Most likely casue is the powersupply or EHT regulator.

The projector is shutting down as a protection

Roland