1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRT projector any info?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rigman, Feb 11, 2001.

1. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Hi
    I have been offered a Sony VPH1001QM CRT video projector for a couple of hundred quid. I have not seen it working (as in projecting) but on a closer inspection I can see CRT (4:3 ratio) burn on all 3 tubes although they do work. Does anyone know anything about this projector and whether it would be worth spending the money for new CRT's. The unit has composite and a 4 pin S-video socket but no RGB or component input.
    Thanks for any information.
    Darren

2. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,808
    From the info I can gather this is a video only device. It wont scan high enough to make use of progressive scan outputs on DVD players or from linedoublers/scalers.

The 4:3 burn is to be expected and may not be a problem. You'll just have to re-size the image area to use the surface of the phosphor that is inside the 4:3 burn in. Not really a big deal.

There is no point in re-tubing it unless you have a source of s/h tubes. New ones, if available, would cost more than the thing would be worth.

If you can see a picture replayed on it and it seems to function then £150-£200 could be a fair price.

Gordon

------------------
    StereoStereo
    Intelligent Solutions for Intelligent Homes !