1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRT, Plasma & LCD Problem. I need a few things explaining. Thanks!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by MattDJ, Jan 11, 2005.

1. MattDJ

MattDJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    To start, I own a Panasonic 28inch Flat Screen CRT.
    A Panasonic Th50pwD6 plasma and a very new Philips 32PF9986.

I also own a Pioneer 656 Dvd Player, which was connected to the Panny 28 thru RGB scart. On NTSC discs, the widescreen picture was not quite central horizontally. It was slightly lower down the screen... im not sure why!

When playing the NTSC discs on the Plasma this is not a problem.

When playing the NTSC discs on the LCD this is not a problem.

I also own a JVC D-VHS Player (from USA), that outputs 1080i, 720 to 1080 (whatever that means) and ALL to 480i. I use the component inputs on LCD and Plasma. SVHS on CRT.

On the LCD on no conversion (1080i) or 720 to 1080, it is very noticable on a 2.35:1 widescreen picture that it is not in the middle. On a 1.85:1 movie, its not noticable, that much, just a black bar at the top (1cm ish).

On the plasma NO PROBS at all...
    On the 28 CRT (output to 480i) NO PROBS!

So, does anyone know why it does this? And what can I do on the LCD to get the D-VHS player input to be horizontally centered? It doesnt also want to change the aspect ratio. Just stays on WideScreen.

I have just bought a Panny S97 dvd player, which i will view thru HDMI to DVI on the lcd... am i gonna have any probs with this? Can the output be upped pixels wise? And how, its says nothing i can see in the manual. Is it only thru the HDMI that this can be done?

Thank you in advance.

2. MattDJ

MattDJ
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Sorted now... see the "other" thread!