CRT PJ Specs vs Screen Material

cosmic023

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Well i'm after a formula to work out ft-lamberts of my setup, i've seen a few examples.

But then my BD801s is rated @ 900 ANSI lumens, which i know is a lot. (I'm sure it's much lower than that ??)

I know my screen gain is 1.0 and 72" x 54" in size.

How do i work out the ANSI - Ft Lamberts formula once i've worked out the corrected PJ ANSI output ??

Once i knew how to work out the formula, i could then do the formula with different gain screen materials.

Many Thanks

Cheers

Cosmic023

Anyone ??

But I've seen on the AVS forum that even a Sony G90 pushes 1300 lumens and is only about 250 lumens corrected ??

I've seen a formula like this......

PJ lumens (Multiply by) screen gain (Divided by) Square Area of screen = Ft Lamberts

Just wondered if there was anyone out there that could help me with the formula ??

Eh ?
I think 10 lambert & butler are about £2.10 or so but I have no idea how much a twenty pack costs, sorry.

Don't worry i've had help from the AVS boys in the US and all is solved now !!

Cheers Rob:

Yeah i found that link while searching for screen material retailers. (allready had the formula by then.)

But then i did a search (In the first place), and didn't find anything, seems to make a difference on the terms used for a search ??

Cheers

Cosmic023

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom