1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crt Pj Barco ?? etc

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jasoncp, Jun 2, 2004.

1. jasoncp

jasoncp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Just looking for some advice,ive just sold me h56 (fraid i see rainbows quite bad) and ive had lcd (contrast too poor) and decided that maybe crt is the route i should go down

I havent got a massive budget but does anyone have any advice on what i should be looking for.it will be my first crt and hopefully my last :)

Im looking for it to do hdtv and be as quiet as possible (my h56 was too loud) it will be positioned about 9-10 ft from the screen (lenses that far approx)

Thanks for any info

Jason

2. rob12770

rob12770
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    well im only 6 months new to crt, and its much better that the others, i have no money at all :thumbsdow so i sold my lcd nec vt440 and got a cheap barco data 650, its a bit prehistoric compared to what a lot of the guys in here can afford but it only cost me £200 and all i wanted was a cheap one to get int CRT as it where, anyhoo i still get a far superior picture than my much newer lcd, i did have a davis dlp also and that was pretty rainbowy..as for noise, from all accounts CRT pj's although pretty massive are very quite in comparison to non crt tecnology.
    as for image quality i would recomend using an image scaler (line doubler)with your dvd player or better still an htpc ( a pc with a dvd rom and an ATI for example card).
    mabey if you give a more accurate budget the guys can help, but all i can say is ...yes definatly go with CRT and its a myth that it is hard to set up,
    you can get a very good image on your own with a little patience, if you want something just to buy, plug in and watch then CRT is not for you but if you like learning new things and want an excellent picture , then it is ! the more you get to know the PJ the better you can get the pic. IMHO :thumbsup:

3. rob12770

rob12770
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    what is the point of making a new thread if you dont have the decency to reply to posts ?
    loooooozer :thumbsdow

4. jasoncp

jasoncp

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Hello

Sorry for no reply but my wanted ad got an answer quick and i bought a barco off Fulabeer.

Wish i knew what i was doing with it :)

jason

ps :p

5. rob12770

rob12770
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    you wish you knew what you were doing with it ?
    I suggest you post it to me...

ps ( . )( . )