1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crt or rp and where from

Discussion in 'TVs' started by breezer, Jan 22, 2002.

1. breezer

breezer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :confused:
    40-43' Projector or 32' crt?
    I have decided that the 36' tv is not for me, I'm convinced i'll get a duff machine if I got one. Looking at the footprints of the models a projector takes up little more width space than a crt and definatly less depth space.

q1. Would my b&w 603 speakers cause any problems if they were stood next to a projector, and where would my centre speaker, dvd and amp sit, do they come with glass cabinets. Looking in comet etc I have yet too see one.

q2. How can I convince my better half that a projector is as good as a crt as every display model she has seen has had a very poor image quality.

q3. Are there any good shops in the cov/brum area where we could see a good display (other than frank harvey, who's assistants decided in an instant I wouldn't buy anything so just ignored me taking between themselves)

I would not be loooking to spend any more than £1600 on the set.

i have to be quick in my decision as my authority to spend any money will be removed soon as there is a little breezer:D on the way. (the dvd was ok:), but she didn't like the 5.1 amp at all:mad:, whats wrong with the one we've got ......)

Thank you for any assistance.
    breezer

2. JPC

JPC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I live in Balsall Common and Im in the same boat as you, this area is hopeless for demo show rooms of projection TV's.....

Ive got money to spend on a RP TV, but you simply cant go by Comet or Curry's as they insist on feeding all their TVs from the same sauce........ with absolute rubbishy pictures.....

How on earth can one make an informed dicission while looking at TV screens that all look as rubbishy as each other??

JPC