1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRT or Plasma for family life ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by groove, Oct 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groove

groove

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +159
    Im looking for some honest advice.....i cant seem to make my mind up , changing it almost daily.

Im looking to replace my rented 32" Phillips WS tv with, errr my own.

THe current TV's use is as follows -

weekdays approx 8 hours of TV viewing a day, some on anologue TV most through standard sky installation.
    Also up to 3 hours of late night XBOX gaming :)

Weekends - up to 14 hours of TV viewing a day, same mix as weekdays, with the odd DVD watched and again up to 4 hours of late night XBOX gaming :)

Im no audiophile, my DVD is not the best , although my seperates DTS surround amp and speakers are nice. I probably waont see many of these artifacts and stuff people complain about , and if i do i wnot be bothered by them.
    Ive posted this in the Plasma section as well, sorry if this was wrong but spending a few days looking through here i get the feeling certain people frequent only one area of the forums...either CRT or plasma, so i wanted to get the opinion from both sides of the fence as it were........thanks

My current Philips has this PP+ stuff, and yes the football does look quite poor sometimes but im used to it and it really doesnt bother me now that much.

So what im really trying to say is Ive got about £3000 to spend.....will a Plasma be suitable for our family lifestyle ?? Cartoons for my little girl , normal everyday tv viewing and fairly heavt xbox gaming ?
    Or should I stick with CRT and gor for a good 36" model from the likes of Sony ??
    Ive looked at a few 42" plasmas around this price and really like the look of them , but im not sure if they are up to the demands we would put on them ??

Ive also read a lot on here about poorer quality than CRT on these low end PLasmas....which again puts me off a little.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Andy

2. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  3. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    I'll close this thread as the other one has more feedback.I'll leave this one here for a few days as it will let crt users leave an opinion in the other thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.