1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crt lifespan (rearpo)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by squid, Jul 11, 2001.

1. squid

squid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i know the lifespan of a crt in a fpj tends to be around 10000h . is this figure the same in a rearpo set or do they use tubes that are longer lasting

i just thought that it would be interesting to find out .

how many people who buy a rearpo set actualy think of this? i am sure that for most it would be the last thing to think of

i am not getting one and do not have one . just thought it is somthing people should think about and know the answer to

i bet a lot of people treat them like a normal tv and just leave them on in ther corner with the contrast up to much . not somthing you would do with a frontpr (we all know those hours are very important and not somthing to be fritered away)

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Simon

The phosphor coatings on CRTs are all very similar.

Most domestic projectors (RPTV) have lower limitations in how hard you can drive the output.

The industrial FP (I can't think of a domestic FP CRT) allow for the CRT to be driven far harder.
    This is done to make allowances for long cable runs in installations where the voltages will drop (due to resistance in the cables) between the output device and the projector. It is assumed by the manufactures that they will be profesionally installed and maintained.

It is possible to burn a tube in less than an hour!!!!!!!!
    but I have a 9" CRT currently with 22,000hrs and not a mark or any hint of aging. Use the run time as guide only.

I've always believed that cars sould have run times as well as milage.

Yes RPTV will have a good life expetancy and probably more than a FP but watch that TV logo it's eating your phosper away!

B4