1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRT/LCD- for watching football! Please help?!!!

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by daverave, Oct 25, 2005.

1. daverave

daverave
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My old CRT TV's tube blew last week and I am in the process of looking for a new TV to replace it. I would consider 28 to 32 inch CRT's and 26 inch LCD's - My budget is up to £600.

However, I first thought an LCD TV will be a good investment - but I have been warned off these for watching fast moving pics like sport and football! I am not that concerned about HD at the moment cos I think SKY will rip us off! So I then thought about getting a 32 inch CRT 100Hz for improved picture quality!. But then I was told that sport is not good on a 100 Hz CRT as digital artefacts can show up! HELP! Is a 50Hz CRT the best for picture quality? Or shall I go back to looking at LCD'S?

p.s. I quite fancied the Sharp 26 inch Aquos! What do you think for my needs (sky sports and DVD's)?

2. Pic

Pic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I've had my 40" Samsung LCD for 2 weeks now and watching football on it is alot better than my old tv (36" Toshiba Picture Frame 2). There is no sign of digital artefacts at all.

3. neilmcl

neilmcl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +290
    Try looking at the new Sharp P50 series LCDs. Optimised for standard TV broadcasts and DVD, they give excellant results. I've watched quite a bit of footie on mine with no problems at all.