CRT? LCD? DLP? DILA? Which is best in your opinion?

Which is the Best then

• Crt

Votes: 26 61.9%
  • Lcd

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Dlp

Votes: 9 21.4%
  • Dila

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Others list below

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Hinton

Editor
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh No!

This is going to be messy!:devil:

This is the big arguing point, which in your Honest opinion is the best Projection technology.

I voted others because when it comes down to it

1) I want better blacks (like crt) although I just watched Planet of the Apes (see tweaking post last week!) and it was very watchable but pure blacks would be a dream come true!

2) I dont want to get some funny disorder from these rainbow effects that some of my mates/family may see.

3) I want something portable though and not a car stuck to the roof of the living room

4) I want something I dont have to converge and mess around with every month.

5) I dont want to replace a bulb after 2000 hours

6) Its got to be <32db in noise :p

get the idea ;)

So projector manufacturers bring it on!

James

I wasent sure how much better my 801s was against a VPL10HT, untill i went and watched the matrix on one, or should I say the greytrix :p :D

I've been known to take a beating, I can squeal like a little piggy to if required, no rubber or latex tho, not after last time :blush:

:D

Yes this is rather predictable, any more votes?

Although other technologies have thier advantages, there is still no beating CRT at this time. I don't think anybody could say otherwise if the quality of image is thier no. 1 aim. How many people have bought LCD/DLP projectors and moved up to CRT ? Quite a few. Once you've owned one, you wouldn't have anything else.

Originally posted by Rob
Although other technologies have thier advantages, there is still no beating CRT at this time.

There is a very big question if CRT has the beating of D-ILAs with HDTV material. Also often people don't compare like for like when comparing technologies. I wonder what would happen if we turned this on its head and compared a Cine 6 and a QXGA D-ILA. Fair contest ? Of cause not. A fair contest to me would be a Cine 6 and a Sharp 9000, clear winner? Yes the Sharp.

Jeff

I'm also interested in the development of the D-ILA projectors. The only one I've seen was at the event, didn't seem too special. Its also clear that DLP is improving rapidly. Things will change over time for sure. Looking forward to Event2 now . Will be interesting.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom