CRT installation

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by mintminty59, Aug 3, 2006.

1. mintminty59

mintminty59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well from my previous thread it looks like my arms been twisted in getting a barco I like the look of BD800 series as this has 1080i HD compatability.

I am having problems tho playing .TS files on my pc and its almost top of the range but anyways

I am now looking around for prices for someoen to set this up for me as i could probably do it myself BUT i lack serious amounts of mechanical skills and i am not partial to a headache if u know what i mean.

as u all know I live in SOuth wales , and will accomodate anyone who wishes to help out (beer also supplied) as well as a take away :p

ANDDDDDDDD if all goes well , watch some HD films on it to as I have a few

2. JaceTheAce

JaceTheAce

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. mintminty59

mintminty59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    thats a really good thread , but i wouldnt trust myself doing it , and id always wanna keep tweaking it , better to get a pro to do it

4. AV nutter

AV nutter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have go at setting up im disabled and im going to hell its worth a go if all else fals then ask the prosss to come do it i dnt mind spending money if i hv at moment i dont so its do your self job for me rember nothing ventured nothing gained lol.mike

5. Barcoing Mad

Barcoing Mad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +242
    The BD801s and BG801s are considerably more reliable than the BD800.

6. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Yeah go for the latest 8** series you can get for reliability (Data/Graphics 801s or whatever). Sorry if I confused the matter by specifically refering to an 800. I tend to use 800 to refer to an 8** model, I'll use 8** in future and by that I'm not refering to the 808 which is a totally different model. :rolleyes:

7. mintminty59

mintminty59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thats ok mate , you have made such a effort to explain things to me.
    Im still kinda in 2 minds now about DLP or CRT its one hell of a tough choice to make. I setup the 350 myself but with it being floor mounted and not ceeling mounted made it easier and safer. But i could never get my 350 right and even tho I had tons of manuals for it I still couldnt get the results id hoped for. I am starting to think that maybe my demads on these systems could never really be meet. It took me 8 years to decide on what sound system I wanted and finally found one I want to keep. But until I get into my detahced house I cannot have the 500w sub on :p when a explosion happens in a film for example I dont only wanna see it , but I wanna feel it to lmao.

8. cosaw

cosaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +20
    Maybe its a good idea to look on the CRT map and look who lives near you and will give you a demo of some more capable machines. A good way of deciding maybe?

What size screen and type did you have with the 350? Also did you have good ambient light control? What colour was you're room painted?

9. mintminty59

mintminty59
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I used a thick white board , with black felt , and white projector screen paint , actually i cannot remember where i got that from now.

The room itself was wall paperd , with no ambient light what so ever , and I mean it was pitch black.

I came to the conclusion that the tubes probably needed stripping down and cleaning , but that was so much headwork when I had to replace a tube on the 350+ that i never botherd in the end , and just took it all down.

but looking at some pro setups might give me some inspiration. I dont think anyone on here is from south wales or swansea / cardiff area