CRT Fight

S

Stevey

I have two bigger CRT displays that are about 2 meters apart from each other. One is a Sony 36" Tv and the other is a 22" CRT Mitsubishi Monitor. The Sony is bigger but the monitor can accept higher resolutions...
Anyway when I turn on the tv and it degausses it upsets my monitor and vice versa.
The speakers from my tv don't affect the tv but when they are loud effect the monitor. The inbuilt subwoofer is pumping air like directly at my monitor affecting the image!
The two devices are having a fight, is any of this damaging?

Well the only damaging thing I can see is a 210watt gigaworks 8" subwoofer 80cm below the monitor, it makes the image 'wavy' when on max.

Is any of this damaging the two devices, is it serious?

Who puts bets on that the 36" CRT will win :laugh:

Can I ask a silly question......... Why do you have them so close together!?

ad

Well its my room layout you see...
They are so close that if I stretch my arms to the widest possible I can just touch the outer casing of each CRT. The two guns are like 2 meters away. Like so:

Attachments

• gunss.jpg
    gunss.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 136
Potentially damaging yes....especially if the sub is causing visible interference.
Room problems aside,they ideally should be further apart.

Talking about that, a 51" RPTV is going to replace the 36" CRT soon a 51WH36.... Could we experiance more problems there?

Originally posted by Stevey
Talking about that, a 51" RPTV is going to replace the 36" CRT soon a 51WH36.... Could we experiance more problems there?

The problem there is going to be with your monitor and the RPTV sitting virtually on top of each other if you keep your room as it is....and if you get stray magnetic fields in proximity to it,it may well result in permanent damage in terms of colour.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom