1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CRT Convergence Advice Required

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by JMPremier, Nov 10, 2004.

1. JMPremier

JMPremier
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Maybe the thread should be titled 'Geometry Advice'.

:lesson: I was just wondering how you pro's :cool: go about setting the geometry when doing a CRT install.
    Do you do everything by eye when doing the various skew, bow, keystone and linerity adjustments, or do you use some sort of grid or something that you mark/draw/hang on the screen?
    I expect you do everything by your fine tuned eyes but thought I would ask.

John

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    If your pj has the range do every thing by measuring, but be prepared with older machines to have to compromise. Stretch a piece of black cotton across the vertical and horizontal cross lines to get those right. The sides are pretty easy. The most important thing is spend some time and not to rush things. Only when the green is right should you start looking at the red and blue.

3. Gordon @ Convergent AV

Gordon @ Convergent AV
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,803
    I use a geometric test pattern disc to do geometry combined with a tape measure to make sure it's correct. Then once geometry on green is correct you do convergence.

G

4. Vince M

Vince M
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I use masking tape on the horizontal & vertical at three points on the sides and top and bottom-ensure that the tape is straight to each other and just off the border where you want the image to "finish"(normally I have it halfway in the black border of the screen)..you can also mark the tape if needs be with a bold colour straight line down the edge.
    Then size the image to the marked lines aiming to blank off to the edge of the internal border.

Its not a purist way,but its easy. Green first obviously,sometimes easier to reset to avoid too much grief with skew and lin etc..