CRT and scart

PinkLilith

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, I've had a look over the site and can't see the best place to put this, so on the off chance someone can help, I'll post this here.

My eldest has recently picked up an ONN CRT 1541 TV, it doesn't have the remote and I can't seem to get it to pick up the scart cable for the old Xbox (original). I've tried to search online for a manual but can't find it, so was hoping someone here could help.

Has anyone had one of these? Do I need a remote for this or is there an issue with the xbox and/TV or cable even? If you know where I can get a manual, or if it needs a remote, etc. I'd be grateful, I'm a bit unsure what to try.

Pink

Have you checked if you can change source with buttons on the set?
Look for a button marked AV, Input or Source.

Have you checked if you can change source with buttons on the set?
Look for a button marked AV, Input or Source.
Yes, it has channel up and down buttons, it's a tv/DVD Player, so it has buttons for play, switch to DVD and open the drawer, one for settings (contrast etc) and the power button. I've not found any other buttons on it.

Multiple presses on one of those buttons may reveal something that is not at first obvious. No real idea in this case, but worth a try.

I've come across older TVs like that which didn't have the usual AV/TV buttons. Try using the program/channel down button to go below 1 - you may find you can get to the AV (scart) channel that way or it might even be channel zero.

Thanks for the responses. I have tried button combos, flicking through channels etc, it just isn't coming up as an option. I am going to order a universal remote and see if that can do it.

A pound shop 1 for all type remote will probably solve your problem.

Scart should switch the input source when the input is active, but I don't think the X-Box ever supported that feature.

Hey, so, I actually made this account only to respond to this.

I am currently in a similar situation with my CRT tv and I too wonder if i might just need the remote.

So, did the remote solve it?

Pin 8 would have a 12 volt signal to tell the TV to switch to scart. Guess the original Xbox doesn't do that!

I am currently in a similar situation with my CRT tv
Is it a just TV or with built-in DVD/VCR ?
And is it one of the major brands (Sony/Philips/Samsung/JVC etc) or a supermarket/store brand (Onn/UMC/Goodmans etc)?
Philips have used standard codes since day one, any Philips remote should work all functions. Because of that standardisation, a few store brands also use the Philips codes.
Sometimes a combi unit will use different brands codes for the screen and player sections, or not use any identifiable brands, a TV only will be simpler to identify.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom