CRT and Quadscan Pro. Do I need a PS DVD player

Status
Not open for further replies.

Messiah

I have a Philips 962SA. As I will be using the Quadscan with the CRT will the PS part of the player be used/worthwhile or will I be better going to a non PS player?

Thanks, and sorry if this is a stupid question :blush:

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
wont need a PS player with a Quadscan mate. I trialled a Quadscan and loved it although a good deal on an Iscan made my mind up (at the time).
Just opt for the best DVD player you can, preferably with component, infact personally I'd keep the Sony 7700 (I had one of those too) and only got rid of it for DVD-A of my Pioneer (possibly another cock-up) but saying that I don;t know anything about the Philips so it may be a top player..:)

Messiah

Thanks museumsteve.

To be honest I didn't rate the component out on the S7700 and have a Tosh SD900E driving my Plasma. Just love that but of course it does not do PAL PS. However, as I will not need PS with the Quadscan Pro I would love to get another SD900E if I can find a 2nd hand one.

What's a fair price for a QS Pro?

museumsteve

Distinguished Member
thanks Gordon, now I didn;t realise that about the QS. I have an Iscan which will probably be staying as I should be able to sort my lip sync problem out with an upgraded Denon..
I can't fault the Iscan's image quality at all and think the image adjustments on the unit are a big plus (I was looking at a Deuce SDQ which doesn;t have any)..
Anyway I'm rambling..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

LG C1 OLED TV Best Picture Settings for SDR, HDR and Dolby Vision
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom