1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crouching Tiger to arrive at last

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Stewart C, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been advised that my Crouching Tiger R3 disc is finally to arrive from Movietyme.com this week. Ordered it on 16 Jan 2001.

A lesson to all companies, nice if you can get supply but a nightmare for customers if you hit problems.

To be fair since I e-mailed them this week they have been excellent.

Regards

------------------
    Stewart C

An amateur but an enthusiast

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    just recieved my copy from movietyme this morning,it has the english dubbed version on it also, in glorious 5.1, cant wait to watch it tonight.

3. bradavon

bradavon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered mine on Feb the 4th. Fingers crossed that mine will be part of the batch that arrives this week.

When did you order yours mark.w?

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ordered my copy the begining of january.

5. Paden

Paden

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I had a copy on order from Movietyme but managed to pick one up at a recent movie fair. Watched it last night & really enjoyed it. However I could only access the movie trailer in "Features" & couldn't find the featurette or the commentry listed anywhere. Is it a bootleg copy? Looked & sounded fine. Cheers!

6. Blenky

Blenky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    Paul

Yes this is indeed the R0 pirate copy thats widely available. I've seen it and it is impressive but does not have any of the extras.

I've ordered mine (the genuine article I hope) from VideoCDs2000.com for $26. Never used them before - hope they are OK. the only worry is that they claim all there DVD's are regionless!!!! Mmmm.

SteveB

[This message has been edited by Blenky (edited 01-03-2001).]

7. Tony McG

Tony McG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just cancelled my order which I placed on 29th of January, Movietyme couldn't even tell me if I would ever get it, their reply is below. If they take a look at Play 247's web site and Play 247's customer service they could learn, I won't be using them again.

"Hi Tony,

Thanks for the mail, sorry at this time i have no idea when or even if it will be delivered to you as Columbia are rumored to be stripping everything English off the disc. Sorry i cannot tell you more right now this is all i know."

8. Tony McG

Tony McG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Jenz,

I meant was they could't tell me if I would get it or not...no matter hjow long I waited.

Also when it comes to being able to track orders or do things yourself their web site (and bearing in mind they are a web based company)doesn't let you. And if you need to speak to a real person you can't. With Play 247 their web site tells you if something is in stock, lets you track your order on line and if you get fed up you can talk to a live person.

Tony

9. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tony,

Yep gotta agree about the Tracking part about Play's site.

As far as CTHD goes no they don't know if they'll be getting anymore.

10. Stewart C

Stewart C

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I happen to think that all web sites should allow manupulation and tracking of an order. I agree that there is no customer service options on Movietyme other than an e-mail. I had a crashed hard disk after i ordered CTHD. I didn't know my order number as my e-mails had to be deleted. Movietyme could not find me initially as I could not find my order number. On other sites I put my e-mail address in and password and hey presto a full history of my order.

Movietyme should upgrade to this I think.

Regards

------------------
    Stewart C

An amateur but an enthusiast

11. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  12. Elephant Man

Elephant Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sh=t! I will cancel my order.

13. Jenz

Jenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Tony McG

Given that Movietymes response is 100% accurate and Play247 dont/cant supply CTHD I'm a little suprised that you've taken that tone.

The problem with CTHD is that it went from a nothing film in the Far East (where it still is pretty much a nothing film) to a Western Blockbuster. We over here expect suppliers to be able to supply it as a Western Blockbuster but it isn't.

In addition the sub-licensed Distributor ERA is known in the Far East at being poor for large scaler supply.

And yes ERA/Columbia are looking at stripping out the English Subs and English Dubbed tracks at the moment hence no supply (nearly all online sites are sold out).

------------------
    Webmaster,
    Bullets n Babes DVDs